wing mirror

i need to know

whats behind the wing mirror is it just some black foam that sits in the plastic outer

is that it ?or should there be

a rubber seal to keep the water out

the reason why i ask is my speakers cry when it rains and the water sit on the door seals

i have replaced the window seals so i know its not them..

i have looked in the search engine

whats best thing to ?

• 3 years later...

i need to know

whats behind the wing mirror is it just some black foam that sits in the plastic outer

is that it ?or should there be

a rubber seal to keep the water out

the reason why i ask is my speakers cry when it rains and the water sit on the door seals

i have replaced the window seals so i know its not them..

i have looked in the search engine

whats best thing to ?

Hi lupo pete

did you ever get an answer to your question? I have exactly the same problem!

Hi mate :)

Remove your lower door card where the speaker sits behind and you'll notice a grey foam cover? Thats what stops the water from leaking in. If its torn then the water will leak through, I have the exact same problem but because I removed mine to fix my speaker wiring. You can order new ones from a member on here called Lupoboz, look in the traders section then VW parts and send him a PM, he will get back to you fast with discounted genuine parts :) Hope this has helped

Hi mate :)

Remove your lower door card where the speaker sits behind and you'll notice a grey foam cover? Thats what stops the water from leaking in. If its torn then the water will leak through, I have the exact same problem but because I removed mine to fix my speaker wiring. You can order new ones from a member on here called Lupoboz, look in the traders section then VW parts and send him a PM, he will get back to you fast with discounted genuine parts :) Hope this has helped

Hey thaks for reply, i have the upper door card foam which i brought from vw but no lower? The water is hitting the speaker baffle n running over the speaker and into the footwell. Did yours do this too? I don't want ruined speakers again n theres an awful lot of water raining in the door is that normal?

Hey thaks for reply, i have the upper door card foam which i brought from vw but no lower? The water is hitting the speaker baffle n running over the speaker and into the footwell. Did yours do this too? I don't want ruined speakers again n theres an awful lot of water raining in the door is that normal?

You need the lower part which is called a water shedder. Contact Lupoboz and he will sort you out with the right part :) Im 100% sure thats the reason why, remove your lower doorcard and you'll see its either missing is damaged

You need the lower part which is called a water shedder. Contact Lupoboz and he will sort you out with the right part :) Im 100% sure thats the reason why, remove your lower doorcard and you'll see its either missing is damaged

Ok if your 100% sure then i believe you :thumbsup: thanx