1.4 slow tickover

nicko

Hi fellas,

My loop has been ticking over very slowly since the last mot (i suspect my mechaninc slowed the tickover to help it pas emissions).

how can in increase the tickover speed? how do i adjust it?

Hi fellas,

My loop has been ticking over very slowly since the last mot (i suspect my mechaninc slowed the tickover to help it pas emissions).

how can in increase the tickover speed? how do i adjust it?

VAG-COM I guess, (diagnostic software)....

Is it always or just on startup?

Could be a number of things contributing to it. Manky throttle body, try giving it a quick clean, could be a suspect throttle body itself, i know mine is faulty though i can't justify the cost of a new one currently so i can live with erratic idle on cold starts.

Is it always or just on startup?

Could be a number of things contributing to it. Manky throttle body, try giving it a quick clean, could be a suspect throttle body itself, i know mine is faulty though i can't justify the cost of a new one currently so i can live with erratic idle on cold starts.

Don't know if all Lupo's are fly by wire, but.. If you clean the throttle body, either way the idle speed base will need resetting with VAG-COM, i think the ECU will adjust after 30 miles or so.

Not all are FBY, mine is cable, being an early one, not sure if this has any impact or not though. (I know that my throttle body is goosed anyway, it's thrown a wobbler in VAG-COM) My problem though. Hopefully the OP will get it sorted.