1.4 desil

SJH92

what are the tuning potential out of these engines and reliabilty of the engine them selv's and is milage a problem lol :)

Edited by SJH92

what are the tuning potential out of these engines and reliabilty of the engine them selv's and is milage a problem lol :)

From my limited experience and what I have read, they are both considered reliable engines. You regularly see both types of engines with well over 100,000 miles on the clock.

The 1.4 has much more tuning potential because it’s a turbo unit (25-35 bhp extra is possible).

The 1.7 is limited in its tuning potential as it’s a non turbo unit (max about 10-12 bhp extra is about it).

cheer's mate,

really after a loop but wonder'd if the deisils are good because theres a red arosa for sale which cought my eye, that had been tuned a bit, think it's got 115bhp

just want a car thats gonna be purkey around country roads and on the straights ie power wise lol if that makes sense,

can the turbo be wound out on them not fully but a bit if i got a new manifold??

Oh and could it be possible to get say 140 or near that amout with abit of work??

Edited by SJH92

it would be over time so i'd need to do thing whilst driving it if you get me, what work would be needed to put a 1.9tdi turbo on it ? like manifold,pistons,conrods ect..

cheer's mate, yeahh a tdi seem's good idea like tax wise aha, what is insurance like on them, oh and what is a decent amount of brake to be running from them?

when i get it i wanna make it real OEM got plans lined up for the interior and wheels{14" VW tangis OR starlite(; } just need the engine covered... lol

cheer's

sam

this will be over a year period hopefully

little mods that shouldnt cost much but make a big difference

;)

So leave the insurance to me matey

Edited by SJH92

Is this your first car? Have you enquired with your insurance about all these planned mods?

;) You dont have to tell them if you get it remapped, ofcousre i will ;) as they can not notice unless they stick it on a RR :)

well i will only stick it on coilovers till i can afford to do the rest and will tell them about that because i am one of thoes people who gets done for everyhting just by chance lol :( (bad times) ye i'll be doin most of the stuff after i leave college because i should have a better payin job then :)