Are GTi Ball joints differnt to Normal Lupo?

VwDan

Hi

I ordered new ball joints for a local motor factors, they said there is only one type for all models, when I took mine off it was a

different story, I called them back they took the reg & called me back, said again no difference?? I also looked on ebay its shows only one type same as motor factors

I took a pic & put the old one back on

Image1299.jpg

surley there cant be a inch's difference!!

Edited by VwDan

• 2 months later...

Sorry I don't know the answer to that mate. Just wonderin if you could help me.(cheaky I know). I thought my front passenger wheel bearing was going as I constantly fork out for tracking as that tyre keeps wearin unevenly. Little garage ordered a new one for me but said it wasn't that under closer inspection he thought there was some play in the ball joint. He recomends replacing them as a pair.now I was wanderin how much you paid for just the ball joints as I don't wanna be skanked. Cheers

is that a genuine vw part or some other companys as some times there can be a manufactuars fault in them basicly like an odd ball! i woul take it back and show them and then get another one to make sure? or unless some one has changed it before and put a golf one on or the wrong one?

sorry only seein this now, had to buy VW ones, aftermarket ones as you see are no good for a Gti about a inch too short! id say they could be pushed on but god knows what kind of problems that would bring!

ps: I tired another shop & they handed me the same smaller joints! they only list one ball joint for lupos

Edited by VwDan

• 4 years later...

the joints used on the gti are different to the std lupo ones but if my memory serves me right the are the same as another model (can't remember which one) I dare say one of you gti owners will put me right. to be sure, it grieves me to say this, it's best to buy the gti unique parts from vw or tps if you can. geoff