A little advice

So the other night I was leaving Tesco car park, I put the clutch down and heard a snap, It is now excrutiatly painful to put into gear, with a LOT of force it goes but is pretty much undriveable, the clutch pedal is now a lot lower than the brake pedal. I first believed I had snapped the clutch cable, now looking at the pedal box thread Im thinking it could be that, recently it has been stiff and hard to select gears especially first and second, reverse has grinded since i bought the car. I can easily put it into gear when the engine is off and im not touching the clutch, does this mean the gearbox is ok?

Im trying to decide whether to take it to VW or a local garage as I may be able to get the pedal box done free of charge if thats whats wrong but if its something else its more likely ill get ripped off at VW.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Jack

Sounds exactly like a pedal box!

Get it into VW and kick up stink if they say they have to charge you for it, I think any Lupo up to 8 years old is entitled to a free pedal box replacement if it breaks... I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though!

Took the car to VW who confirmed it was the pedal box, told me they couldnt do it on goodwill and quoted me 322.19, after seeing that the bits needed to replace it come to 40quid tops i decided to go to a local garage for a better price, got there and said could you tell me how much it would be to replace my pedal box and the bloke replied whats a pedal box, he genuinly had no idea what i was on about but told me he could do it for 200+vat, dont want to pay VW price and dont want someone who doesnt know what there doing to do it either, considering getting the parts and doing it myself, have seen the how to on the forum, have many people done this themselves? how difficult is it? ive not done anything like this before but have plenty of time on my hands to do it.