Driver door lock broken?

ttmw

Ok, just taken my door cards off to have a peak at the lock to see if i can see anything wrong with it. Although its pretty hard to see it looks like the end of the barrel(?) has broken or bent some how. Are there any ''how to's'' on how to take the lock out for a better look and how much is it going to set me back if i need a new one?

thanks in advance

Its not quite that bad for me as i can still unlock it from the passenger side and then walk around, but its still annoying as hell walking round to lock my car every time i get out. I was wondering about swapping locks over too, does anyone know if this is possible?

Hello I had tha same problem but I`ve solved it by installing a keyless entry system

Now I have a switchblade key , with buttons for lock unlock and trunk release.

I`ve payed 25 eur for that system and it`s delivery in Romania

I had a similar problem where I could only unlock the driver's side, but not lock it from the outside. Was remedied by putting a new lock in. My engineer managed to transfer the barrel though so no new keys :)

I was informed the passenger side doesn't transfer to the driver's side.

I had this, something had snapped in the barrel of the drivers side door lock, i had to walk round each time to lock it aswell, i was told swapping the locks was an option but i came across a door lock repair kit on ebay.

It came with all the internals of the barrel, also came with instructions and was fairly easy to do and worked perfectly.

What exactly is wrong with your lock? Does the barrel keep spinning and not locking/unlocking the car? If it is then i definatly reccomend the repair kit, costs less than a tenner and saves alot of hassle, basically a small metal ring inside the door lock had snapped, the repair kit comes with all new internals so i just swapped the snapped for the new piece and it worked perfectly