Did they ever make a white Mk3 Golf GTi in the U.K

RallyeBaz

Thats a 16v.

My mate bought the car and picked it up tonight.

She now has a problem, that when locking/opening the door with the key(Non remote), all the windows electronically drop.

Any ideas ??

mmm sound like ther might be a short in the total closure side of the alarm/ central locking, or a fault in the control box for the electric windows.

if you hold the key in position after unlocking it on most vags they drop the electric windows.

Thanks for the advice. I believe she has not perfected the act of only slightly turning the car, although a rear window still drops a few inches.

Problem no. 2 LOL

I noticed when I test drove the car that the steering wheel was not dead straight. (Checked tyres and no unusual wear )

We had £50 knocked off the price due to getting the tracking done.

My work colleague has taken it to Fast fit and they reckon the tracking is well out + the tracking rod on one side is at its max for adjustment. They advised to have the steering wheel removed and re straigtened.

Speaking to the garage that service my car they state the steering rack needs to be centralised first.

Sounds expensive.

Any advice welcome