1.4 TDI sport modification HELP

AlexTRea

Hi, i am new to the whole "club lupo" and mods.

this is my first car, havnt got my licence yet but when i do i want to know what modifications i can do to a diesel engine and how to go about doing them? :S

any help would be appreciated, cheers :D

Edited by AlexTRea

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a couple of people have put induction kits on so if you want to try that do that first before getting it mapped

you can also take the center box out on your exsaust its suppost to free it up and give you more power

as for wheels just look about on fourms (edition 38 / wheel whores ) or ebay there is some nice wheels on dubmeister

;)

Edited by JackSmith

With the centre box being a simple resonator its not all that restrictive.

There is more restriction in the backbox than that in the centrebox.

I'd have the backbox removed and a hidden or not hidden tailpipe made up for it.

It'll sound nice as well then! (Don't worry It won't be ridiculously loud)

Theres been a lot of controversy with regards to putting induction kits on the TDI's. I'm still un decided.

At least a pannel filter would be a good plan though.

When you do take the punt and decide to get a remap done, make sure it is a custom map done to suit your car and your modifications on a rolling road.

Don't bother with a "Load and Go" style map as these won't give you the benefit of the extra modifications.

Give me a shout when you are ready to get it mapped and I'll see what I can do pricewise :)

Cheers, Al.

so just get the remap done and leave out the chip?

whats a pannel filter btw is it that big flat one?

Yeah, don't touch those tuning box/chip things.

Custom remap all the way.

Your's will be a Cylindrical filter rather than a pannel. Shaped kinda like a dust bin...

**K&N E-2864** to be exact!

The filter for your car isn't cheep though! £51.00 + VAT and special order only!

60+ for filter. << and is that all i should touch?

I've just looked into a Jetex filter for you, I should be able to get one of these for £42 delivered to your door! much cheeper than the K&N and just as good!

Lowering springs are usually between £100 and £150 if its just springs you are looking for, and £167.50 + VAT for fitting and a four wheel alignment.