Help buying my first car/lupo

Smithson

ha, i only get £20 a week from the ema :(

i just found a couple other nice ones on autotrader, but they 1.4's lol, my dad b*tching bout them, cos using more petrol..as result are the same price as the 1.0..but they are newer and less miles :o

considering pass+ after you've passed?

can cut your insurance by upto 30%

that will save you some more money :)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

considering pass+ after you've passed?

can cut your insurance by upto 30%

that will save you some more money :)

was meaning running costs :P

not insurance costs, i doubt that pass+ will make it drop by half.. £2,000 to less than £1,200..hmm some how i doubt that..especially with being a lad lol

Edited by Smithson

was meaning running costs :P

not insurance costs, i doubt that plus+ will make it drop by half.. £2,000 to less than £1,200..hmm some how i doubt that..especially with being a lad lol

neither the 1.0, or the 1.4 non sport will be bad on petrol tbh mate

If i recall correctly not all insurance companies accept pass plus and after you receive one years no claims i think it becomes invalid anyway. I think its just a way of proving that new drivers have had extra training which they could somehow use as an equivalent to a years driving experience. I might be totally wrong.

Your dad also does have a point. Its not just extra fuel consumption but extra power which is not good for a new inexperienced driver

If i recall correctly not all insurance companies accept pass plus and after you receive one years no claims i think it becomes invalid anyway. I think its just a way of proving that new drivers have had extra training which they could somehow use as an equivalent to a years driving experience. I might be totally wrong.

Your dad also does have a point. Its not just extra fuel consumption but extra power which is not good for a new inexperienced driver

incorrect, it is all down the the said "driver"

my mate has *cough* a 1.4 furio saxo

my other mate had *cough* a 1.1 saxo,

which one still has their car & has his no claims & has less experience?

neither the 1.0, or the 1.4 non sport will be bad on petrol tbh mate

1.0, 50/60mpg

1.4, 40/45mpg

am i right?

exactly :P when i first was looking at lupos, was looking at the 1.4 sports lol, hmm was £,1600 for insurance then £2,500 to buy..somehow i dont think i have £2,500 :P so when i saw a cheap sdi around my way, mum said she'd by it, was up for like £1,350..

was going to go and see it yesterday..was sold at the weekend :angry:

incorrect, it is all down the the said "driver"

my mate has *cough* a 1.4 furio saxo

my other mate had *cough* a 1.1 saxo,

which one still has their car & has his no claims & has less experience?

the 1.4? lol

ye depends on the person also..if they are cocky..charv..boy racer, etc etc..

if you consider 40+ mpg to be bad mate then oh my god :lol:

well i got no job lol, got to think of costs :P

the 1.4? lol

ye depends on the person also..if they are cocky..charv..boy racer, etc etc..

well i got no job lol, got to think of costs :P

20 squid a week should be enough if its just for college etc ;)

you'll be fine :P

20 squid a week should be enough if its just for college etc ;)

you'll be fine :P

tenner for lunch for the 3 days, and i got a paper round on the sunday which makes a tenner, got a macbook air to pay off also lol..

and that paper round managed me to make up £1,000 on 2years ish, bought a laptop and a bike with the cash, and still got it back up

40mpg is bad ? Oh dear, dont get a GTi because you will cry when you fill her up. Not because it costs alot but because you are at the petrol station every 5 minutes and because the hippo behind the counter thinks you have a crush on her because you come back so often :lol:

tenner for lunch for the 3 days, and i got a paper round on the sunday which makes a tenner, got a macbook air to pay off also lol..

and that paper round managed me to make up £1,000 on 2years ish, bought a laptop and a bike with the cash, and still got it back up

The paper round makes £10 a week x 2 years (10x104) = £1040..

Wish i could get a laptop and bike for £40 :P

40mpg is bad ? Oh dear, dont get a GTi because you will cry when you fill her up. Not because it costs alot but because you are at the petrol station every 5 minutes and because the hippo behind the counter thinks you have a crush on her because you come back so often :lol:

haha, its bad for someone with no job :P i dunno, will need to see once i get my first car, or think about figures like i normally do :P

The paper round makes £10 a week x 2 years (10x104) = £1040..

Wish i could get a laptop and bike for £40 :P

lol, i had cash in the bank already :P sold a few old things, like nintendo 64, and gameboys lol

well folk, i'm off, up in 5 and a half hours lol

Im up soon too but i dont think im gnna be able to sleep didnt get up until 1 this afternoon because i finally had a full day off. They are as rare as rocking horse scheisse so i havent done anything today expect have a shower and doss :D

Been looking around several different lupos again, taking my time :P

and about 10 nice ones came up for sale, one i've narrowed it down to looks really nice, just not to skeen on the spotty seats but think i can cope :D

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-uk/www/c...cleRegLetter=52

chance of a HPI check WetmonkeyTDI? :P