Gearbox code

pino1

Hi all

I am needing to change the gearbox in my 1.4 Lupo, however after looking around i believe there are different codes for the box. My 1st question is how can i find the code for my box? I have managed to source a box however the person doesn't know the code, the car's been scrapped so he only has the engine and gearbox. How can i know if it will be ok for my car?

Your help is much appreciated

Many thanks

Pino

few ways!

email me at work with your reg and chassis number, and i'll try it there

retailparts@driftbridgevw.co.uk

or have a look in the boot, there should be a white data sticker with your engine code, gearbox code, colour code ect..., the same sticker should also be in the front cover of your service history book (if you have one!)

few ways!

email me at work with your reg and chassis number, and i'll try it there

retailparts@driftbridgevw.co.uk

or have a look in the boot, there should be a white data sticker with your engine code, gearbox code, colour code ect..., the same sticker should also be in the front cover of your service history book (if you have one!)

Thanks for the reply, does AUA or ETD mean anything to you?

Many thanks

AUA is your engine code and ETD is the gearbox code

VW part number for your gearbox is

085 300 053 FX

its was fitted to Lupo's from 05/99 until 04/00, and polo's 05/00 until 07/2001

the part number is listed as being the same for the following gearbox codes:

FFR, DXP, DKF and DQW

AUA is your engine code and ETD is the gearbox code

VW part number for your gearbox is

085 300 053 FX

its was fitted to Lupo's from 05/99 until 04/00, and polo's 05/00 until 07/2001

the part number is listed as being the same for the following gearbox codes:

FFR, DXP, DKF and DQW

Thanks mate, you're a life saver.

Much appreciated

Bit off topic but how much is a new gear box.my car has a tendency to break so I try to be prepaired ha ha.still love her tho.just wanderin as I'm savin for all eventualities an I wanna know if I can afford a c/f bonnet :D

Bit off topic but how much is a new gear box.my car has a tendency to break so I try to be prepaired ha ha.still love her tho.just wanderin as I'm savin for all eventualities an I wanna know if I can afford a c/f bonnet :D

• 2 years later...

is FHX a gearbox code?? if so what info does any1 have?? mine whining in 5th gear and gets louder as i go faster.

• 6 months later...

Hi, guys. As I'm having problemms with my gearbox (same 5-th gear whining issue), I have decided to replace those gears. Does anyone knows the procedure of adjusting the 5-th gear lever inside the gearbox? Or some photo's with the gears, because I forgot to make some and now I don't know the right position of all parts!!! :( This is because I'm stupid sometimes...

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

i was just wondering if anyone would be able to give me a hand with the gearbox i would be needing for my lupo i have just bought, i have looked on the sticker in the boot and there is two codes AUC and EFY could anyone help me with which gearbox i would be needing?