Loop/Polo GTi

Tigz™

Guys can you help me out here please.

What is the diffrences between the loop and polo GTi engines?

Which are easier to tune.?

Which is the smallest/lightest?

Which would need more additional parts to fit into a Loop?

Fastest responce wins top prize...

Thanks all.

Thanks guys.

Waste of time im afraid.

He didnt have the Polo engine and the guy selling the GTi engine desirved a slap in the mouth the price he was wanting.

Ther first guy (and only guy I want to buy from out from the two) did have a 32k mile Arosa sort engine without wiring loom and ECU.

He'll let it go for £350 + VAT.

What do you think?

More tuneing goodies

Option to fit turbo for little cost.

Slot straight in.

Wireing loom alomost the same?

Note.

GTi Lupo engine £650

Wiring loom £100

ECU £100

Tossa

Surely its not worth the hassle of fitting 1.4 16v/1.6 16v engine?

It be cheaper, better and less insurance to buy a GTi or a 1.4 16v and transfer your mods should you want to...unless of course you doing it purely as an educational thing! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Why fit a 1.8T to remove the engine every time I want to change the fuel filter?

I cant be arsed with the hassle/expence of the heavy 1.8 just so I can tune higher than 180bhp.

Whats the point?

I wouldnt be able to go anywhere in it, and I still want the car to be my daily driver.

I spoke the Venom guy at E38 and he wasnt enthusastic about recomending it, unless you can cope with it being off the road 3 months every year.

I cant afford the 12k to buy a new GTi, and nether me or Emma thinks its a good idea to get rid of a car no one else has owned to buy a 3 year old GTi just so I can have the engine and headlamps.

The reason Ive always liked the idea of a tuned 1.4 is the fact that my car wont be nose heavy, as it would be with the 1.8 and more than likely will be with the 1.6

The parts avalbe for the 1.6 are almost non exsistant, and the ones that are avalable are way over priced.

If I could get 180bhp down on the road the Loop would be a seriously fast car, would it be any faster with 240?

I dont think as a everyday car it would be.

good point. i suppose it's just down to prefference and crap really..

one thing i can tell is tho, the 1.4sport engine is a pretty good choice, and well worth considering. bit revvy and screamy accelerating but once it gets goin it really does shift.

i took a mate out, who drives a 1.8 vectra, for a spin the other day and he was amazed by how quick it was for a 1.4. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

too late for me tho.... mines went to the workshop yesterday. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Its the wieght diffrence I like the sound of.

If VW need to fit a alloy front end, and fit the battory in the boot to try and ballence the car out a little then thats a good enough reason for me.

Unlike some, I have had to learn to drive well, to get anywhere quickly, and Id like to keep the car light to compliment this.

Imagen 160bhp from the 1.4

It would beat most things on the road when moving, I couldnt give a crap about being fast at the lights, as theres more twisty roads near me than there is traffic lights.

No pressure or anything but....DO IT, DO IT, DO IT!!!!!!!!! you know you want to biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />