Quick coilver question

1.4sport

Hi,

I had some coilies for chrimbo and they have been fitted by a garage.

The front is a little bit lower than the back so i want to lower the back a bit more.

My question is this: Do you wing the adjuster ring up or down to lower the back ?

If the answer is down, then i am nearly at its limit.

Thanks guys and happy new year :D

Down, if it still isn't low enough, bin the adjuster :)

Happy new year to you too :lol:

Bugger i thought i was gonna get down as the answer.

How can i get the adjuster off now, because the springs sits on it and i wasnt watching them at the garage.

Also the adjuster is only a few millimetres thick (about 5mm) does that mean i will only get another 5mm out of the back ?

Sorry for all the Q's but i want to sort them out before the salt on the roads rots them where they are :(

jack the back up, undo the shock absorber and then you should be able to take the spring and adjuster out, throw the adjuster away and put it all back together!

Yes you'll only get another 5mm out of it, thats the only problem everyone has with lupo's they never go low enough at the back

To lower the rear, you need to wind the adjuster ring down.

Removing the adjuster will void the warranty and increase chances of damage to the seals on the shock absorbers resulting in leaky shocks (and MOT Failure)

This will also increase the posibility of the spring dislocating or even completely falling off the car.

Instead of removing the adjuster altogether I would say you'd be better off just removing the lock-ring on the adjuster, but keep the adjuster in place.

Chances are this would still invalidate the warranty, but there would virtually be no real way of the manufacturer knowing that this has been done.

Just bin the adjusters.

Undo the bolts on the bottom of the shocks, drop the axle down. Undo the big nut holding the adjuster in, take it out, replace the spring and put it all back together.

I seriously doubt you'd dislodge a spring. When you put the axle up (and the shocks bolted in) you can tug on the spring all you like and it won't fall out (unless its a tiny tiny spring). Micky runs his with half spring in the back and has been doing for about a year and they've never dislodged or moved at all. Hes not shy of driving that thing either!

Edited by heartagram