Attn All with bubble infested spoilers...

bossjohnc

I've been following this up as those bubbles annoy me greatly, and I've come to a crucial point.

VW Customer Care were not aware that this is a problem, and if you haven't already, please call them on 0800 711 811 option 2 to tell them that it is!!

Abridge VW, Loughton have resprayed my spoiler 4 times and the bubbles are still there. I've demanded a new spoiler, and they've offered a fair few excuses such as...

"We've painted it so it's no longer under warranty" (?!?!?!?!)

"It's an aftermarket accessory not covered under warranty"

Anyway, I've been on the blower to VW Customer Care, and after several months of asking for a new spoiler (as resprays obviously don't work) I've uncovered the following:

VW beleive that the Abridge Dealership has made a bad job of respraying my spoiler, so the fault lies with them and they should pay... (Apparently this is a problem they'd never heard of which is their reasoning) And...

VW Abridge (dealer) believe the spoiler was originally defective, and won't pay for it.

VW Customer Care gave me my options... I could either

a) Pay £70 for an independant inspection to attribute the fault

cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> Go to another VW Dealer with a bodyshop for a second opinion

I wasn't very happy with that - basically I have a VW. As far as I'm concerned, when it goes wrong I take it to VW. When it needs servicing I take it to VW. I didn't want to have to stump up for some internal conflict, but as the car was booked in today, I did a 100 mile round trip for the guy at VW Chalfont to come out and say "ooh, bubbles, yeah that's a common fault - it's a problem with the spoiler, needs a new one". evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

Grrrr!!!!

Anyway, it looks like I'm getting a new one - I'm just awaiting authorisation.

If you have this bubble problem, CALL VW CS NOW!!! 0800 711 811 (option 2). It's now been brought to their attention, and they're more likely to deal with it. I've told them that other people have the problem, and they told me to tell you to call them.

Anyway, I have the joy of driving a nice 1.4 Automatic Polo for the rest of the week now. Yippee. They're so fast.

i had to ring them about my pedal box - i kicked up a fuss, told them i needed my car back for max power live and they bollocked my vw dealer biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> classic

Mine's in tomorrow for the spoiler - had to wait about 6 weeks before it was authorised though.

EEk - havent been through all that though.

Hope I get the same auto Polo VW gave me last time; they took 2 days to look at the bubbles on my spoiler before even asking for authorisation!

Thanks for the info - I will check if it is a new or resprayed spoiler I will be getting.

Fingers crossed.