The curse of my beloved Lupo continues

mcmillanuk

Ok, just very quickly - took the Lupo to the MOT centre which is less than 15 metres away from my work and it failed on blue smoke whilst idling. The car hasn't been out of an cold industrial unit for two months and has hee-haw petrol in it (I've got a leak which is another story). Would it sound like a plan to book a test in a centre about 20 miles away and fill it up with fuel to help with this?

Cheers,

Neil

Just exactly HOW MUCH smoke is your car putting out???

b. emits dense blue or clearly visible black smoke for a continuous period of 5 seconds at idle

The term dense is the key word

It would have to be chucking it out to fail.

I would like to see the smoke levels.

Don't think it's going to be that much, however the MOT centre folk aren't the most sympathetic and would no doubt beat the living **** out of me if I complained!

If it fails again, I'll get a video of it sorted...then cry :D

b. emits dense blue or clearly visible black smoke for a continuous period of 5 seconds at idle

The term dense is the key word

It would have to be chucking it out to fail.

agreed,its down to the testers eyes and opinion.would have to be heavy to fail.u should have a print out of the emissions with yur fail sheet? did that pass? if it was burning that should have been effected.as a tester myself think there having u on possibly.

agreed,its down to the testers eyes and opinion.would have to be heavy to fail.u should have a print out of the emissions with yur fail sheet? did that pass? if it was burning that should have been effected.as a tester myself think there having u on possibly.

I'm not going to agrue with you on that, however I'm not going to argue with them either! I'm going to get this car sorted asap, it deserves a bit more attention than I've been giving it :blush: