crashy ride

hi everyone, was just wondering what suspension kits are avaliable that will make the ride smoother, it crashes and bumps everywhere i dont know if theres i just need new shocks or if the cars just got poor ride quality but have any of you lowerd the car or anything and found the ride to be better at all?

Thanks

The lupo is a very short wheel based car so is always going to be a little bouncy. But lowering is probably going to make the ride quality worse as it firms everything up.

"BOUNCE TEST

Before you visually inspect the suspension, do a simple bounce test to tell if the shocks or struts are weak. A bounce test is not a very scientific test because it requires a certain amount of judgment. Worn shock absorbers and struts that allow more than one or two gyrations after rocking the corner up and down and letting go have reached the end of the road and should be replaced. But what about the "marginal" dampers that still soak up some of the bounce, but not as well as new ones? They should probably be replaced, too, to restore like-new handling and ride control."

Give each corner a bounce and see what happens. :)

The lupo is a very short wheel based car so is always going to be a little bouncy. But lowering is probably going to make the ride quality worse as it firms everything up.

"BOUNCE TEST

Before you visually inspect the suspension, do a simple bounce test to tell if the shocks or struts are weak. A bounce test is not a very scientific test because it requires a certain amount of judgment. Worn shock absorbers and struts that allow more than one or two gyrations after rocking the corner up and down and letting go have reached the end of the road and should be replaced. But what about the "marginal" dampers that still soak up some of the bounce, but not as well as new ones? They should probably be replaced, too, to restore like-new handling and ride control."

Give each corner a bounce and see what happens. :)

Oh I didn't realize it was the short wheelbase that makes it like that. Cheers mate

The ride is a pain, very harsh, jittery etc.

However, i did have new shocks on the back on my 1.0 under warranty and it was much softer. They had both gone hard over time and one was leaking. They usually get softer over time though :confused: The ride is now much improved, but still very stiff.

IMO (i know nothing about suspension) VW should have made the suspension softer and fitted a rear ARB. Never mind!