Spotted

Cup__Dan

Spotted a gorgeous black GTi in S****horpe over the weekend. Kahn RSS alloys and very low. Sounded nice aswell. Anybody off here??

I will soon be on the lookout for a GTi once my Clio Cup is sold, so any info about them would be greatly appreciated. What should I look for, or avoid etc.

Thanks.

Dan. :wink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I 'm selling the Cup as I'm getting married in Florida next year and need to save a bit of cash. The Cup is a cracking car, and very few cars can keep up with it, but I just need something a bit cheaper to run. Insurance on a Gti would be £500 less, and they are more economical than the Cup.

yeah well you can buy my lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

why am i thinking of changing? well...

1. Always want something quicker, cant tune it cheaply (unless you r cliffords turbos)

2. Bit bored of its slowness

3. want a change!

plus the biggest issue was driving a VX220 and yesterday a Clio Cup, and whilst I would never look at anything other than VW until 2 days ago, I fell in love with both of them....

Aim to get one with the `6-speed` box, if funds permit - they're a bit nicer to drive due to the closer ratios. Get aircon, big plus when reselling.

Other than that, there's not much other than the usual used car checks - there doesn't seem to be any major parts failing on them yet. A few things to check would be:

xenon lights (expensive if one doesn't work)

rear washer (can leak onto rear hatch switch and cause alarm to go off)

excessive front spoiler scuffing

paint quality on rear spoiler (some seem to be bubbling)

windscreen chips

Also be very wary of any damage (current or past) to the front bonnet/wings/doors - they're aluminium as standard, which means they're hard to repair, and a cheap replacement by a dodgy bodyshop might result in the standard steel parts having been fitted.

QUOTE(tdwindustries)
yeah well you can buy my lupo smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

why am i thinking of changing? well...

1. Always want something quicker, cant tune it cheaply (unless you r cliffords turbos)

2. Bit bored of its slowness

3. want a change!

plus the biggest issue was driving a VX220 and yesterday a Clio Cup, and whilst I would never look at anything other than VW until 2 days ago, I fell in love with both of them....

NOS!

I thought you hated the rattles in your GTI? And you're looking at a Clio? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

His Loop isn't that fast, that's why! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

They're not blistering by any means - big step down from the Cup. I had an Ibiza Cupra (156bhp) and that was slightly faster than the Loop, but it felt hugely faster cos of the turbo. Like you, though, the fuel bill was extortionate (not helped by it not running correctly - my worst ever recorded average MPG for a tank was 7!)

They are very nippy though, and you get a good kick in first and second gears. A 'warm' hatch.

The Black Gti will have been LincolnshireGTI's won't it? He lives round the donny area l think. Another potential loop round Scunny? I've got a Silver Gti on coilovers in readers rides so maybe l'll see you about! After all its not a very big place!!

C

QUOTE(Poobah)
Might be who's asking!!! Yeah it is. How do you know me?

C

Bloody hell I don't believe it, I saw a gti in Scunny about a year ago and thought the driver looked like you. But didn't think anything else of it till you said Winteringham.

Its Dan Whilock from school by the way.