CDA on a tdi

MattTDI

yes te, just got miself a house to rent in hyde park.... its staying winter stylee for a while ! dont wat unweanted attention.

cheers mate, youl have to saay hi :)

ok ok you got me, pics.. here goes...

DSC00030.jpg

DSC00031.jpg

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

the ducting is uber strong air con ducting, industrial stuff plus clear is the new black.

i took out the whole stupidly bad air system, and wanted to mount CDA in engine bay but i would have to mount it in front of engine and clamp it to the slam panl, then meaning i would have to run a long air feed back to the left side of car as right is to tight!!!

so mounted it down where original box was.. cleared up bay a bit, feed straight from MAF sensor to the CDA, hidden (i had to hide real carbon :()behind the lower bumper, and then got some black G-Werks ducting form a mate to run to fog light :) fogs didnt work anyway... now im just sucking cold cold air, with forced induction. Sounds nie coupled with stainless decat and full sytem, it shifts well and responsively :). add all tat with the G werks remap i should be looking to see 100+BHP, hoping to road it soon...

oh the cda is held up with tiewraps, becasue it is stupidly tight downt there, nowwhere to mount the bracket :(

its in nice and tight and hasnt moved an inch :)

dont listen to the BMC bok, you dont need the 90 degree silicon joint.. i tried.. engine mount in the way!

ciao for now ;)

Yea ill try if I feel upto it, theres always ****ing loadsa people there haha. I only know 1 guy (paul, think he has a white mk4 fiesta if you know him). Ill text him and see if he's up one night :)

ah you know pretty by, aka beckwith aka pretty bitch.. lol dot be scared mate :) youl have to gimme a ext bud, il pm you my number.

weve been round them parts for about 3 years now :)

Matty: Nice work gettin the CDA in mate, seems like a bit of a mission though! So, does the car seem any difference performance wise? What is the sound actually like? More diesel clatter or more turbo whoooshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? lol

To everyone else lol: Whats the most power/torque you've heard of/seen from a 1.4 tdi... drag machines etc dont count.. normal daily cars please! Im almost defo im going to sell the polo as the power is just not enough anymore! Not had it mapped but driven a mapped tdi and wasnt too impressed tbh! On a similar note, would i benefit from a larger downpipe or is the turbo to small for it to matter? Matty, sorry for going off topic, i just try to keep the tdi tuning in one thread! Makes life easier for everyone :blush:

Abdul :shades:

You need something that is a tight fit from the Air mass meter to the BMC CDA. Easy really. Just a case of measuring up the diameters and getting the correct silicone hoses ordered up.