How much work to fit 7 inch drivers in the doors??

hi,

I'm looking at getting some decent sound quality in the Lupo, those crappy VW door speakers just DO NOT sound good. simple as that.

I've got a Nakamichi MB100 for the head unit and a Genesis SM100 which I'll prob use for the front speakers at least for the time being. Doing the sub shortly.

I'm thinking about getting some Dynaudios for the fronts and may have someone who can sell me a system 240 mk2 for a decent price.

HOWEVER, this system uses 7" drivers rather than 6.5" which I believe the VW standard ones are. How easy is is going to be to fit these in the doors?

Will I just need some kind of adapter or am I looking at ripping the doors apart? I take it the standard lower door card would not fit afterwards.

Thinking of changing to a GTI when I've got my one years no claims so would rather not do anything too drastic.

any help appreciated.

The standard speakers are 6" not 6.5"

Take a look at this mate, there is two ways you can do it.

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4596

http://forum.clublupo.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=4580

These two threads will explain how you can do it if you read between the lines.

7" drivers are ok, but only you are useing them in part of a 3 way system, for this you'll need your 7" driver, a smaller mid range driver and tweeter, then you'll need a 3 way active cross over.

The lower door cars are not very expencive to replace, or buy a couple from a scrap yard and hack them apart if your worried.