Removing and replacing gti rear bumper

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone knows how easy it is to take off the gti rear bumper outer shell only, I searched the forum and found a visual drawing but it doesn't clearly show where the screws are and how to get to them etc.

If anyone can offer me a bit of advice I'd be grateful! As I've bought the new shell and had it painted so want to fit it tomorrow.

BTW, I will have a dented (lampost, oops!) gti rear bumper on offer when I've done, if anyone wants it, they can have it for free, not sure if it could be heated and re shaped maybe? I'll stick pics up when I've done.

Thanks chaps

There a few around each wheel arch a few under the bumper and one behind both of the rear lights then its just a simple job of taking off and clipping the new one back on.

Something to be aware of.. Number plate lights have wiring to them so obviously dont just yank the old bumper off when you have taken the screws off and remember to reclip the wiring back onto the new bumper when you put that on..

Would be a pain in the ass if u rescrewed the new bumper on the realised you have 2 take it back off again to reconnect the number plate lights

Steve