help: smoothing bonnet to cover badge

mikeylupo

hello

i wanting to smooth the bonnet infill where the badge is on my gti so when its smoothed it will cover the top of the vw badge

can anyone help please

thanks

use the search function theres is numerous threads about this, christ theres one a bout a few posts down from this

search and look before you post

yer i know that but then it would hit the badge if its filled thats why the grill needs to be moved in some how or the bonnet to go up and over the badge

well its gonna be the badge, the bonnet would look ****e if you stretched it over the top and it bulged if that makes any sense?

can you take the badge off and grind the back down level?

um i reckon the best bet, i take the badge off and grind down the circular mount for it (if thats whats on the grill?), stick it back on

but get the bonnet done first, that way you could measure it so it fits flush ish against the inside of the bonnet without scratching the badge

Edited by Boy'dup

bad boy badge...

i reckon it could look alright if its done well

like this ;)

SUC30056.jpg

got bonnet cut-out welded up and filled,then as you cant get a de-badged honey combe grill for the gti

i removed the sticky- out standard vw badge ,got a rear badge from an 08 passat,this is slightly larger than the hole thats left,carefully took it apart,and siliconed it in place ,job done bonnet shuts fine B)