Center exit exhaust

Gibbo

Hello. Ive come across a salvage Lupo which has a center exit exhaust, so Ive bought the exhaust, and rear bumper. Has anybody done this mod already? if so was there anything difficult to watch out for?

Cheers :confused:

You will need to modify the wheel well as the sport and GTI have a smaller one.

Its not just a bolt on job you will need to cut out the section of the wheel well where the

back box needs to go. I dont think it would be that hard, if you are fabricating the new section

of wheel well then you can just build it around the exhaust. its not a job for someone that has never had

any experience with welding or bodywork.

You will need to modify the wheel well as the sport and GTI have a smaller one.

Its not just a bolt on job you will need to cut out the section of the wheel well where the

back box needs to go. I dont think it would be that hard, if you are fabricating the new section

of wheel well then you can just build it around the exhaust. its not a job for someone that has never had

any experience with welding or bodywork.

Thanks for the response.

That sounds a bit of a big job breaking out. Is there an exhaust that will fit without modding the spare wheel well?

Cheers

Gibbo

you could cheat and just put the bumper on and attach a tip where the center exhaust is supposed to be. as far as im aware the original exhaust is hidden behind the bumper so you wouldent be able to tell :lol:

Ive got a space saver this weekend, so I may get my mate to give it a good coat of loking at, then doing what needs doing to get it to fit. If it doesn't, then I will put it in the classifieds and buy a jetex pipe instead. Thanks again for your help.