Running in a sub

Whats best to play through a sub for the run in?

Sinewaves or music?

How long for the run in? Is 12 hours sufficient?

My baby "Lu Lu" got a new toy Crystal.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Dude listen.

Erm... dont shoot the messenger but...

That sub has three spiders as does mine so it is really really stiff.

Normally you can expect around 3 months before a sub (not the Halfords kind, really sweet ones) you can expect 3 times as long for that sub.

Mine has been in Since before April and it is still no where near run in!

It is all gonna depend on wether you run it sealed or ported.

If it is sealed then I have spoke to people with a CMP 12 same as mine, that is still not run in and it is 2 year old and had 3 owners from Talk Audio.

I spoke to Mr Singe from Blade Ice (They are the offical Crystal distrubters in the UK) a few times on this subject, when I bought it, after 2 months, and again when he listened to it afetr a few months.

He told me that the best thing to do would be run it free air (not in a box) and the sub wont have the susspention that the box gives it to restrict the cone movement.

Now I have not done this myself for very long, I used my home system but this wasn't very offective.

If you drop him an email tell him Andi with the Silver Lupo told you to drop him a line, and ask him the best way to run your sub in and for what sort of levels, as I do ot know for you sub the design from yours to mine is very diffrent.

His email addy is:

tech@bladeice.com

And his name is Am

What a sexy looking sub! I really cant wait to hear it!

No worries, I was asking as I really wanted to know the best way to run it in as it isnt exactly a cheap sub..

I cant wait to hear it either. Here is some more sub Pr0n:

Sub2.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Yeah, no problem. How big you gonna have it? Reckon its gonna be about 2ish cubes so will fill your boot. Think the best design is like my 2x10s box.

I have the mdf, here waiting. I was thinking about 2 cubic feet, and the port at 35hz.

Just I dont have a clue on the length / diameter and how I could fit it into the box, as its not going to be too deep.

Got the Crystal Sub and now a Digital Designs DDM1 amp. It sounds amazing, it feels punchy!

(and yes the box wil be carpeted asap)

DD.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />