Sub / amp matching

Ok mate, the sub is duel 2ohm so that meens you can either run it at 4ohm (not easy to find an amp giving that power at 4ohm...belive me Im still looking!)

Or you can run it at 1ohm.

Now that amp will give 1200wrms at 1ohm which on paper is too much but there is a few things to take into account.

Box design can make big difference as even though amps say they will give 1200wrms doesnt meen that is what your sub will "see" after you take into account box inpedance rise (my amp was rated at 600wrms, but due to this problem, my sub was only seeing 300wrms) also you can lose power due to power lose through cableing.

If you are running this sub in a sealed box (I am no longer useing mine which you are welcome to (perfect size) then 1200wrms would be fine as you need more power than the sub is rated at, if you are running it sealed.

Porting the box meens that you nolonger need all that power, but so long as you get it set up on a scope, so you know the signal is totally clean it will be fine with that sort of power.

Great choice of sub though.

I was planning on 1 ohm, porting it and tuning the port to around 28 hz.

Realistically with the sub being able to handle 1600w max. It should run alright on that amp ok? Just not fully cranked up for any length of time...

How would I get it setup on a scope Andi?

Andi, Max. Could you advise me on port frequency tuning please?

With the Crystal sub in a 2 cubic foot ported box, what frequency would be best to tune the port to? for a reasonable spl, but to still have musical bass?

Does 33hz actually work? 8)

Would a Directed 750d have enough power to move the Crystal sub?