seats

Hi there, just got all interior plastics and carpets etc, now i need to find some leather seats to fix into the loop.

I love TT seats, but how much would it cost to have the sub-frames made up/fitted?

Also I have seen mk4 recaros fitted, and i may be wrong but are these not that difficult to fit?

What other seats could i fit and with how much work? As i am struggling for ideas at the moment.

Your help will be much appreciated, thanks..Chris :rolleyes:

Edited by greenson

I love TT seats, but how much would it cost to have the sub-frames made up/fitted?

Also I have seen mk4 recaros fitted, and i may be wrong but are these not that difficult to fit?

What other seats could i fit and with how much work? As i am struggling for ideas at the moment.

Obviously GTi leather seats will drop straight in, but good luck in finding some, they're like gold dust. From what I gather reading on here, the mk4 seats need a little bit of grinding off the base so it doesn't foul on the carpet, but otherwise it's a drop in. Other seats you'll need to get subframes made up for them, cost wise depends if you're good with a welder, or have a friend who is. I think a couple of the readers ride threads feature details about it. Actually, check here, Phil's done a howto.

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know mk2 Ibiza front/rear will go in (look for the nice half leather gti sets) polo 6n & 6n2 will go in with a little persuasion. Ive seen Corrado rear seats in 6n polos, so might fit. Hope this helps. :coffee: