Window Tints

DanGTI

hi everyone,

Im gonna the windows done soon but thought I best check wiv u all whats a fair price to pay on an arosa / lupo? Obviously I want a professional job, not some bodge up effort so is there anything I should be asking when Im phoning for quotes?

I've been quoted £300 for the lupo (the same for any two door) which is very expensive but this guy only uses the best american tints and gives them a lifetime guarantee against peeling bubbling and scratching. He must be good because he does all of the mercs and bmws in sheffield. So my advise would be you get what you pay for. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Mike his name isnt Mark is it?

www.marksaway.co.uk

If it is dont bother!

Thats who did mine, outside a pub in the car park!!!!!

If it is courtney then go for it mate, check that he will do the front windows, but not on the phone, see him face to face to find that out.

Dont just go for the cheapest mate, I did and have regreated it ever since.

Got mine done for £230, great job and happy to do the front windows (many companies will not do this now, as they are illegal, and the police can come after them for fitting them).

Got a bunch of quotes around £220-£230, so that seems to be the average down here. Most would only apply a clear `UV-protective` film to the front windows though.

Think it was about £200 for a whole lupo. Ive not had my fronts done (yet) cos of legallity issues. I dont wanna give the fedz any more excuses.

Yes tigz it was courtney and im fed up of trying to get hold of him to have a look at the different shades. He won't put anything above a 'light' tint in the front windows as for the rear and back windows, anything goes. But what is light and I don't like the look of really dark tints in the back and then light in the front.... Oh he won't do the windscreen either but he will put a sun strip in.

• 1 month later...

QUOTE(paulbin)
just got a quote from a local company for  £150 for the back window and both rear windows

Answered my question in one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

QUOTE(snoopstah)
Nobody'll do the windscreen, and if you did, you'd get pulled over in seconds and have the car impounded. :roll:

you are aloud a 8'' tint at the top of ya windscreen and thats it , so its really just a sunstrip cos mine is done