Modding and Insurance

smithysmoo

For some reason if I go on a modded insurance policy its cheaper than a normal hot hatch. I don't understand either.

Anyway for my golf gti which I've just sold I put on an induction kit to save me money. But apparently the lupo is better with standard airbox so my question is any idea on what simple and cheapish mod I can do so I can go on the modded policy and save some money. Otherwise I'll jus have to risk telling them its got an induction kit.

Cheers

Take the rear wiper off, or the rubbing strips as small things.

Otherwise, I think the best thing you can do is lower it, just on the standard wheels and with a cheap spring kit if you don't want to spend much on it :)

To be honest i would go for an induction kit, if its going to save you money on your policy and could also show some performance gains (which won't be much but still) then ide definatly go for it.

Other mods as said would be to lower it, for me that can make the car look alot better and with a good stance it will look brilliant.

Spraying your badges black can also look good, home made tinted headlights would look good too, these things may sound little but can really make the car look nice and have a more aggressive type of look.

Theres a few threads on how to spray your badges, tint your lights etc.

A modified policy doesn't mean the car has to be modified.....just means it can!

I know my current unlimited modification policy is cheaper than some insurers want standard. All it means is that they'll put a power cap on then charge you on a basis for unlimited mods.

What GTI golf you talking about? mk2/3/4/5?