Whys my GTI so slow?

QUOTE(snoopstah)
Clean the throttle body out - but you really need `VAG-COM` to reset the throttle body alignment (or it won't start/will run badly when done).

Luckily I know a guy named Danny with VAG COM

NOW.... anyone know how to clean a throttle body?

You need to take the air box off, so probably best to do it at the same time as fitting the BMC.

Remove the two allen bolts holding the airbox on, pull it off the throttle body inlet (this is the where the filtered air comes out of the airbox). You'll see what's like a 2.5inch diameter short metal tube with a flap `half-way` down, this is the throttle body.

To clean it, there's two ways, the easy way and the hard way. The easy way is to hold the engine at around 2500rpm and spray some carb cleaner (that's safe on plastics) through it. The hard way (and it's not really hard) is to remove the throttle body by disconnecting the two coolant pipes, and undoing the four allen bolts on each corner (please don't start the engine with the TB off!!), and then giving the unit a thorough clean with carb cleaner and tissues, etc.

You can move the flap (this is what the accelerator controls) manually, but be gentle and don't force it.

hehe well...

now i have the lupo back i have removed the throttle body and cleaned it all up, was wuite dirty and lots of oil around it.

cleaned the airbox, although that wont be on for too much longer

also, added a bottle of Nitrox Power Shot, and have to say that it really doe make the car smoother - i used to get very jumpy revs when slowing down in 1st or 2nd and also going up through the rev range. 130 miles later the car is much smoother and dare i say feels a bit quicker (although i think the suggested 10% more BHP is a little funny)

any other ideas?