Speaker problems and questions!?!

Hello All,

I am having problems with the left side of my cars sound. It sometimes works but then i loose al sound on the left side of my GTI. I have inspected the headunit and all seems fine and had a brief look at the obvious wiring and no problems.

Is this a common problem or has anyone else had this before?

Right onto the questions. What are the sizes of the GTI speakers front and back. Standard speaker power handling etc?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the speakers so i can replace all the speaker wiring?

Thanks in advance,

Darryl

Hello All,

I am having problems with the left side of my cars sound. It sometimes works but then i loose al sound on the left side of my GTI. I have inspected the headunit and all seems fine and had a brief look at the obvious wiring and no problems.

Is this a common problem or has anyone else had this before?

Right onto the questions. What are the sizes of the GTI speakers front and back. Standard speaker power handling etc?

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the speakers so i can replace all the speaker wiring?

Thanks in advance,

Darryl

I've had two SEAT headunits die on me in Arosa and they are presumably the same electronics inside. The second one had the same symptoms as you are having.

Hi

This could be a number of things

A faulty IC in the unit

A wire earthing

One of the speakers has blown and the coild is causing the problem

Best to run new cables if you think there could be a fault, theink the fronts are 6.5" with a need of MDF spacers, not sure on rears, dont really like them but thats a personnal thing

HTH

The rears are... ready... 7". Nothing in that size that's not megabucks that I could see so I had to make some mdf spacers to take 6.5" as there's loads of choice in that size; and I had to modify the trim cards. Running the rear wiring is easy, just down over the passenger footwell and tuck ut up under the trim on the edge of the car. It's completely invisible then and I don't have interferance problems.

Pics in this thread:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=40785

Edited by TomLS