heaters not working

Hi there, i am hoping someone will have some ideas for me!!

I bought a W reg 1.4 lupo sport 100bhp at the weekend and I got it home and realised that the heaters aren't working properly and blow out cold air. Sometimes i will get hot air blowing out when the revs are high but when the revs are low, cold air blows out even though the temperature gauge says the engine is up to the correct temperature!

Have checked the coolant level which appears to be fine and the fan cuts in when the engine gets warm but there does seem to be alot of pressure in the header tank. Would this contribute to the heaters??

Does anyone know what the problem could be???

Edited by lupy lee

Seen this on another thread (search in this forum 'heater'):

"IIRC some water cooled VW's have an emergency 'collapsible valve' in the heater feed pipe from the cylinder head in case the car overheats. Its to stop the heater matrix being overstressed and bursting. If this is the case, replacing this inline valve might cure the problem."

Don't know if that helps.

Seen this on another thread (search in this forum 'heater'):

"IIRC some water cooled VW's have an emergency 'collapsible valve' in the heater feed pipe from the cylinder head in case the car overheats. Its to stop the heater matrix being overstressed and bursting. If this is the case, replacing this inline valve might cure the problem."

Don't know if that helps.

I took it to the garage and they reckon it is an air lock and are gonna have it in! It is odd as when the revs are hitting 3 ish the heaters blow out hot air but when the revs drop, when i am doing 30mph or when the car is still then it goes back to cold air! I am still not sure!!