heater lights??????

jpgti

yeah they are there

but you cant change them.... well very easily... no one seems to know. Dealer quoted 1.5 hours labour and not under warranty sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

snoop might be able to help with his diagrams???

Doesn't look toooooo bad - single 12v bulb. I'll give it a two Snoopy difficulty rating heater1.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Next, you need to remove the switches below the heater unit (rear window heater, electric mirror controls, and any optional equipment switches). These can be unclipped with a flat screwdriver (wrap something around it to prevent damage to the trim).

heater2.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Then you need to remove the heater control trim (the black plastic surrounding the knobs, basically). This can be unclipped using a flat screwdriver where the arrows indicate (again, wrap something around it!)

heater3.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Finally, remove the fan speed knob (the central smaller one, number 6 in the diagram below) by simply pulling it off (it's pretty tight), and down the shaft you'll find the bulb (number 5 in the diagram below).

heater4.gif border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

It's a simple `push-fit`, but not very easy to get to - VW recommend using something like fuel hose to insert into the hole and pull it out.

Good luck!

Yeah, it is. Official VW part number (if you really want a VW official bulb wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />) appears to be N 017 751 2

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

• 3 years later...

Absolute *, £1 + VAT from my local stealers and what's more is that they have one in stock! this has been bugging me for years (literally) and I have only bothered to strip the console back yesterday at lunch time!

Absolute *, £1 + VAT from my local stealers and what's more is that they have one in stock! this has been bugging me for years (literally) and I have only bothered to strip the console back yesterday at lunch time!

Mine has just stopped working too.

How difficult is this to do?

Are there any pics (or is it that I cant see them because I am in work....)

just need a good pair of tweezers and a bit of patience to get the bulb out once you have taken the surround off.

Kind regards

Angelo