What do all the warning lights mean?

minijay

Tells you in the 1st couple of pages in the Handbook mate :)

Yeah, some of us bought from dealers who are at best incompetant, so managed to 'lose' the docs that they had with the vehicle...

Well the one that looks like a picture of an engine is the emissions warning light. I know that 'coz I had it come on last weekend!!!!

So the orange light could be connected to the fact that the fuel consumption of my little 1.0E matches that of an F16 fighter jet? Thank god its bookedin for a service now, I hope they manage to fix everything, because I cant deal with a 1.0 costing £10 a day in fuel for pointless run arounds!! (You know how it is when you have your 1st car, drive everywhere!)

(You know how it is when you have your 1st car, drive everywhere!)

I totally disagree!! Im on car number three and i still drive everywhere! It might be your Lamba sensor, my bro had it go on an ibiza and the fuel went ridiculous

I totally disagree!! Im on car number three and i still drive everywhere! It might be your Lamba sensor, my bro had it go on an ibiza and the fuel went ridiculous

I had it in my sport, and yes I started consuming fuel at the same rate as a 1.8T.

Got it sorted though :)

agree, it could be the lambda sensor... as if its not working properly it won't be getting the right readings of CO out the exhaust, and if the readings are low... it will pump more petrol into the engine... pull the lambda sensor out and see if its black...

• 3 weeks later...
This light has just come on on mine! Do you mind me asking how much it cost for a replavcemenet lamdada probe?

If you have a 1.4, they are around £45 for a pre-cat sensor and around £100 for a post cat.

When my light came on, I just changed the air filter and cleaned the throttle body as when I ran a diagnostic, nothing came up :lol:

When the yellow-ish Petrol Pump light comes on it means 6 litres of fuel left in the tank (for my 1.4E anyway - assume other models are same capacity?).

Someone mentioned 'lost' documents from dealers. Sometimes people will get rid of all the old certificates (or advisory notes on the existing one - like mine!) to improve the possibility of sale / better price. I had the same problem. Didn't get a users handbook - bit annoying but managed to get one from the lad next door who has a Loop too!

HERE'S A GREAT TIP - if you don't have any previous MOT certificates - you can go on to the VOSA website www.motinfo.gov.uk/ and type in your registration and your V5 document certificate number and it will give you all the electronic MOT certificate details for your car (pass, fail, why fail, advisory notes etc), for all the MOTs done since the MOT system was made into a national electronic system (about 3 years now). Its really handy and gives you an idea of whats been going on - try it!

• 5 months later...

so any 1 got the list of what lights do what ?? i got loads of mine on at the mo lol... !! not good !! i havent got a clue what they all are apart from the airbag 1 !! and i dont have a handbook .. sowe..

Edited by gilybob