Interference...

N!cK!*

After installing a seriously stupid amount of speakers in the loop, the front tweeters are kicking out a whirring noise, very high pitched which charges up with the revs im doing, kind of sounds like a turbo. It does it when the engine is running even if the radio isnt playing, once you turn it up so you cant hear the whirring its fine but its annoying me at low volume in a morning and when i dont want stupid amounts of noise fookin up my ears.

Anyone know what it is and how i can fix it?

Cheers!

it may be where youve run the wire for them

as im not 100~% sure but if you run certain wires by certain things it casuses interference.

as i say im not much use as i dont know exactly what it is.

just a suggestion :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its to do with either your earth or that your running the cables incorrectly up and down the car.

Make sure your earth has a good contact surface, so sand off all paint. If thats done, check your wiring.

Power on one side of the car and speaker + remote on the other. In lupos, the passenger side is easiest for the power as thats the side of the engine the power cable comes through on. On a Gti obviously the battery is in the boot so thats nice and easy.

It shouldn't need one.

What do you have in your system, and where exactly are your wires?

Pair of rockford fosgates 10'' punch subs, front RF comps, wires all running down same side... thats why i no now haha. Which is best for which side?

Edited by N!cK!*

Power on one side of the car and speaker + remote on the other. In lupos, the passenger side is easiest for the power as thats the side of the engine the power cable comes through on. On a Gti obviously the battery is in the boot so thats nice and easy.