Nearly lost the GTi!

M1 Lupo

Just went for a drive to meet a friend from work who has just passed his driving test.

We went for a spin, me and his girlfriend in my car 8) She had never been in a Lupo before and I was kind and offered her a P ride in mine.

Si and his mates were following me in his car. We were approaching an island so I gently braked for it, only I hear screeching from behing me. I look in the mirror to see his car heading towards the back of me at a rapid rate, tyres smoking hard!

I'm sat there like a lemon, can't move forwards as there was a car ahead of me and he is still going too fast behind. BANG! he put it into the kerb to aboid hitting me. Apart from a badly kerbed alloy, it looks like the bottom arm is bent as the left wheel is sitting 1" further back.

Ive learned a lesson today, always drive behind newer drivers and be cautious! He was shook up, and to be honest so was I.

gees thats nasty ,

maybe he was a tad jelous of you takin his girl ??

he obviously didnt realise how fast he was going an being an inexperianced driver wasnt able to judge what distance he needed to stop , atleast he was kind enough to plough the pavement instead of your car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

have a V&R itl make ya feel alot better

I feel really bad inside, even though I know it wasn't my fault. He looked upset, :cry: but I was really gratefull he went for the kerb not the GTi.

He asked me if I would let her come in my car for a drive, I naturally said yes as who wouldn't say no to a fine 17 year old sat in the passenger seat getting excited.

I naturally said yes as who wouldn't say no to a fine 17 year old sat in the passenger seat getting excited.

:wink:

you shouldn't feel bad mate, just think of how worse it could of been :cry:

lol im new here and I dive right into a topic, hi im Merce biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

His girlfriend was more shook up that he nearly stacked his car. I gave her a hug and told her the car can be fixed, but everyone is alright so thats what matters.

I felt so worried that the thing that makes my life so special could have been taken away. I love my car man! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> But i'm more thankfull he smacked the kerb rather than my car.

Hi Merce, welcome to Club Lupo!

LOL! thanks guys, well err where to start:

My avatar was origionally just the drag racer blowing up. So I edited it abit lol and cut off his arms, I figured it was funny lol

As for my car, im sorry its not a lupo! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Ive got epilepcy, so Ive been off the road for 3 years? Im 20 years old and I bought a 16v CRX to do up as a little personal project. I have a thing for oldsk00l and euro style.

My dream/reality car though is a Lupo GTi with deep dish euro wheels, decked to the ground, tinted windows - Im into modding cars but nothing O.T.T ... I just think they're really sweet and scream attitude smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Everyone notices a Lupo, regardless of their colour... especially if they're burbling out a graceful note down a busy one way system biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I waffle on way to much! >_<

QUOTE(merce)
My dream/reality car though is a Lupo GTi with deep dish euro wheels, decked to the ground, tinted windows - Im into modding cars but nothing O.T.T ... I just think they're really sweet and scream attitude smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />  

Everyone notices a Lupo, regardless of their colour... especially if they're burbling out a graceful note down a busy one way system biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Sounds like you been here ages already biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(merce)
16v CRX

mmmmm CRX, I've got a thing for them still

allo merce and welcome to the madhouse!! dont worry about not having a loop, as long as you have a love of them you will fit in nicely biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

No offence taken smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

People with epilepcy controlled by medication then yes are able to drive, the law is you have to be fit free for a year.

Im fit free for a year in July 15th biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

lol thanks - I should sail through, you get pretty in tune with yourself when you have to adjust you life style smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I dream of the day I can sit facing Morecambe bay in my green Lupo GTi with deep dish wheels haha smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />