Help needed Urgently

I went out at the weekend with my friend and she sat in the back of my car with her daughter. She had to get out as my seats were wet through. This was only picked up then as no one uses the back as I only drive the car. I have taken my seats out to dry but the backs are not wet. My brother had a check for me and said that he could feel damp in the following places

Both rear footwells

Carpet wet in boot

Left hand wall side of the boot

There are no pools of water anywear just carpet wet/damp.

Has anyone got any ideas were I could start to look, I have not got a sunroof so it is not that

It is a 2001 1.0l model

All help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

I went out at the weekend with my friend and she sat in the back of my car with her daughter. She had to get out as my seats were wet through. This was only picked up then as no one uses the back as I only drive the car. I have taken my seats out to dry but the backs are not wet. My brother had a check for me and said that he could feel damp in the following places

Both rear footwells

Carpet wet in boot

Left hand wall side of the boot

There are no pools of water anywear just carpet wet/damp.

Has anyone got any ideas were I could start to look, I have not got a sunroof so it is not that

It is a 2001 1.0l model

All help would be very much appreciated

Thanks

iv just had this problem, although my seats werent wet the rear carpets were sodden. it turned out to be the hose to the rear wiper. the lad i bought the car off has taken the wiper off but not disconnected the water supply. :rolleyes:

the water was leaking underneath the plastic trim onto my carpets. d'oh

Right I took out the carpet in the boot as it was sodden and there was a pool of water on the left hand side under the carpet. I tried to get the plastic casing off but I can't find how to do it. There are 2 screws in the boot on the back but it only loosens the back plastic cover. I know this is a girlie question but could somebody explain how I get the plastic covering off so I can check my rear wash pipe.

Many thanks

Firstly does your rear wiper jet squirt screen wash or does it just kinda dribble out?? if so theres three place where the washer pipe has joints. First is by the ABS control unit if you got it... if not the pipe will be coming from the water bottle goin too the bulkhead, second is in the boot above the left hand arch behind the carpet and third is behind the boot lid trim.. if it were leaking from there ur boot catch would be dripping once you operate the rear washer.... If any of those places have come apart just put a jubilee clip or cable tie round them!!! let me no how yoo get on ??? :coffee:

Edited by Trig

Thanks Trig. The left side of my boot is wet and there was a pool of water under my carpet when I took that out to dry it. My back window jet works ok but I don't use it that much which is why I think the pipe may have perished over my wheel arch so gonna try there first.

I'll let you know when I find out.

Sorry Luna I was doing my course waork all weekend so did not see your message until today but thanks anyway.