Problem with heater position selector.

The other morning was a PITA as the missus found out when trying to defrost her windscreeen, it seems that the 'windscreen' can't be selected on the dial.

it goes to about the 'five-to' position and stops, no further. Can't get to the top so therefore isn't getting a great deal of air toward the windscreen, and when it's cold and frosty that isn't what's wanted.

Anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Pete

The re-circulation button isn't pressed in is it? I know the windscreen setting on the dial doesn't like to be selected when the re-circulation is turned on.

With a little bit of force it can still be selected though, it just "clicks" the re-circ button off. So if you have tried turning it to the windscreen option with a little bit of force it might not be that mate, its worth checking though. Hopefully you get it sorted, misty windscreens are a nightmare!

With a little bit of force it can still be selected though, it just "clicks" the re-circ button off. So if you have tried turning it to the windscreen option with a little bit of force it might not be that mate, its worth checking though. Hopefully you get it sorted, misty windscreens are a nightmare!

This is true, as I found with my mums Lupo.

But be careful as I "clicked" the re-circ button off and after that it wouldn't latch in. So the re-circ hasn't worked for the last 2 years, and I don't know how to get the unit out to replace it!

Had a look over the weekend, the recirc button wasn't selected and the position selector just wouldn't go any further toward the windscreen.

might have to take it apart and have a look.

Anyone got an elsa diagram of an exploded view of all components?

I had this problem with mine, although it wouldn't move to the 'feet' position. in the end it was just brute force turning the dial that got it round & it's been fine ever since.