Help! Removing HU!

Hi,

I have baught a two DIN DVD player for my Loop but i am currently feeling extremly retarded as i cannot remove the beta HU or the slot underneath it (with the carpet in it, u know). I tries removing the dash infront of it but didjt realy get far. i then went to Halfords and baught the "removal keys" but i could not get it out. ontop of this the left side slot for the key seems to have a broken or damaged latch/mechanism now as i cant realy hear the click that the right side makes...!

Please tell me what i am doing wrong and how i can just get those two f****** out my dash so i can watch my DVDs..... I have been at it for 3.5 hours today........!

Thanks alot!

Stathis

Probably not alot of help but I just used removal keys slotted them in and pulled the units out, perhaps halfords have sold you the wrong keys :)

um, ok, is there anyway of cheking when i go back that i actually have the correct keys, because the guy that sold them to me was not entirely sure...?

if the latches inside are broken how can i get the radio out??

Thanks!

They should look like this:

http://inpcars.com/electrical-system-tools...pecialty-tn.jpg

However mine don't have the little protrusion beyond the bottom cross-piece and they work just fine.

The mechanism on mine has gone funny too and sometimes the left side key won't engage! But it just takes some wiggling and trying it at all possible angles within the key slot. My new sony has differnet keys and the mechanism is really simple and really fudge-proof.

• 3 weeks later...