Need ideas

EaRNi!

well i picked the subs and amp up today and we have had a measure etc and have come up with something similar to this.

PICT1648.jpg

i also have a custom parcel shelf with 6x9's in

i was wondering what would be best

a] 1 sub in the middle?

b] 2 subs, one at either side?

c] 1 sub at the side?

also some ideas of what to trim it in ie. carpet (boring) laminate floor (done to death) or anything else

and the best place to put the amp?

i have 2x Rockford Fosgate P1 Punch 10" Subs

10" Punch 'P1' series subwoofer

Single 4-ohm voice coil

150W RMS power handling

300W Peak power handling

1.5" aluminium voice coil former

85.5 dB SPL (dB @ 1w/1m)

Parabolic Polypropylene cone

Linear spider

1" excursion

38 oz motor structure

8 awg compression terminals

Mounting diameter: 9.25 inches

Mounting depth: 5.2 inches

1 x Alpine MRV-T420 2/1 channel amp:

MAX Power: 225Wx2 (4Ohm Stereo), 600Wx1 (Bridged 4Ohm)

12V RMS Continuous Power: 4Ohm Stereo (0.08% THD) 75Wx2, 2Ohm Stereo (0.3% THD) 120Wx2, Bridged 4Ohm (0.3% THD) 240Wx1

14.4V RMS Continuous Power: 4Ohm Stereo (0.08% THD) 110Wx2, 2Ohm Stereo (0.3% THD) 170Wx2, Bridged 4Ohm (0.3% THD) 340Wx1

S/N Ratio 100dBA

Frequency Response: 10Hz-50kHz

12dB HP/LP Crossover (15Hz-400Hz/30Hz-400Hz)

MOS FET Power Supply

DC-DC PWM Power Supply

Discrete Pre-Amp Stage

DC Straight

Multi Mode Capability

BASS EQ

Independent Divider

Top Panel Adjustment

Input Mode Selector

Gold Plated BATT & GND Insert Terminal

Top Panel Power LED

One Side Terminal Layout

any help appreciated

2 subs! , 1 should be good enough though should sound good enough for what you want, i recon a black carpet finish would look pretty smart, mine will hopefully be retrimed in cream leather (got to get the box made 1st lol)

rich,

Im doing mine at the mo and the box is made for sub.

Then problem is i wanted sub in middle with amp either side but it wont fit, so mines going to do sub to one side and amps the other side.

once ive dynomat`d the boot and sorted it out ill put pictures up and it should be all carpeted as well.

Avoid having 6x9's and a sub sharing the same air-space. I.e. don't put them on the shelf! :)

Reason being, the sub moves a lot of air, the speakers are trying to move in that same air, and one cancels the other out. Also, the pressure created by the sub (especially a decent setup in a tiny boot) will damage your shelf speakers over time as it will be pushing the cones with the air movement, often against the direction the 6x9's themselves are trying to move.

I once (back in my ICE days) had somebody come to me with a similar setup as you propose, wondering why his nice expensive sub was sounding so poor since fitting his new shelf speakers. Simply unplugging the wires from the 6x9's made a massive difference to the bass.

In a car as small as the Lupo, a good set of front speakers and a sub will be more than enough to sound superb! :D

already got 6x9s in the shelf, would you take them out?

Experiment, but ultimately, yes :)

Get the sub and amp in and working, but disconnect the 6x9's while you're doing it. Get it working, setup and tested without the 6x9's and see how it sounds. Also, just for a laugh, watch what happens to your 6x9's when your sub is going full tilt and the speakers aren't plugged in. I'd betcha you'll see the cones moving around a lot still!

Once the sub is working plug the 6x9's back in and have a listen to a few different tracks. You may decide you love it and want to keep them, you may also decide that the bass sounded better without them. ICE is very much a personal choice, but just be aware that even if you like the sound, your speakers will still be taking a battering :)

Experiment, but ultimately, yes :)

Get the sub and amp in and working, but disconnect the 6x9's while you're doing it. Get it working, setup and tested without the 6x9's and see how it sounds. Also, just for a laugh, watch what happens to your 6x9's when your sub is going full tilt and the speakers aren't plugged in. I'd betcha you'll see the cones moving around a lot still!

Once the sub is working plug the 6x9's back in and have a listen to a few different tracks. You may decide you love it and want to keep them, you may also decide that the bass sounded better without them. ICE is very much a personal choice, but just be aware that even if you like the sound, your speakers will still be taking a battering :)

Agreed.....

Personally amp a decent set of components and a seperat amp for a single sub.

in a lupo/arosa less = more

Very simple - Yet VERY effective...

IMO obv...

:shades: