First Modification Complete

Darrell

So if i went for coilovers, would i still have to drop below 20mph to go over speed bumps and pot holes etc? :confused:

You should go slower than 20mph over them anyway.

Is it such a hardship having to slow down over speedbumps? Never really bothered me.

I'm about as low as I can go without having driveshaft fouling issues on mine, and I wouldn't say it's affected the practicality of the car too much; look out for potholes, slow down for speedbumps, no problems with multistoreys. Yes, it's a bumpy ride and I can't bump up curbs (boo hoo), it scrapes over big speedbumps and those silly little flappy things on some carpark exits scrape the underside to buggery, but the way it drives and the way it looks (actually, just the way it looks) makes it worth it.

ergo, Slam the bast*rd!

Edited by Philplop

Was thinking of going lower but quite like it as it is, the ride is excellent and it corners really good, got a shock when driving it home did expect a bit harder ride but when i went over a speed bump at just over 20mph i nearly s**t my self (still getting used to slowing down more! :lol:

So i pressume going lower will make it worse????

Have been told that i wont get the bang if i go for coilovers or new shocks so wont have to slow down as much but i dont really know what to do??? :confused:

What do you think? :confused:

The bang is it running out of suspension travel, the solution is to go slower over speed bumps! You'll get used to it in no time.

The Gti looks good. I think it would look even better with the red piping around the grille :)

I am starting to get used to it, never had or even driven a lowered car so just wasnt expecting it! have been told that if i get some lowered shockers to go with the spring it wont be as harsh and wont bottom out!

Jon_273 - i agree with you about the red piping around the grille, its just a case of getting some every halfords i go in have it in chrome but no stock of the red??? :angry: