power upgrades for lupo gti

simhopper

hi im buying another lupo gti very soon after i sell my modded mk6 fiesta

ive already owned a lupo gti before reg nl51wdw and was very impressed at the time nearly 2 yrs ago now only aat did any engine mods

does anybody else do power mods without going down the 1.8t route has the aat throttle body conversion come down in price was about 4k last time i rang him

anybody got nitrous on it yet???

im hoping to have atleast 170bhp then 50 bhp of nitrous on top is this possible and im not a time waster just spent 15k on my fez in the last 12 months exc price of car

thanks in advance

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(simhopper)
im hoping to have atleast 170bhp then 50 bhp of nitrous on top is this possible and im not a time waster just spent 15k on my fez in the last 12 months exc price of car

If you're willing to pay that kind of money, why are you specifically excluding the 1.8T engine? It's a far better way of getting decent power than messing about with nitrous oxide, and you can easily get 270bhp out of the K04 version, with anything up to 400bhp being possible if you have enough readies.

when reading thro this forum theres quotes of 10k for a 1.8t engine fitted thats why im selling my fiesta cos its just too much

phoned aat and had a good chat about throttle bodies and the forth coming turbo conversion

hes email me some figures and prices so hopefully youll see another gti owner around edinburgh

the 1.8T engines can be had for as little as £600, £400 for a 5 speed box, then just find someone to fit it.

Dont take it to DubSport and Id guess it would cost no where near the 10k mark.

Then you can sell me your engine. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

quick pic of my fez just to show im no timewaster

yes i know its a fez but it did something that i couldnt do with a lupo gti

insure my learner driver wife

dash.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

wh.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

new003.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

bt002.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

i think i have seen that!!

J26 - j27 of the M6 bout `2-3` months back, was gonna race but i was already lost and didn't even more lost!!!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Red Lup Gti)
i think i have seen that!!

J26 - j27 of the M6 bout `2-3` months back, was gonna race but i was already lost and didn't even more lost!!!!!     laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

thats about the blackpool turnoff so it might have been me its a small world

as for why i getting rid its complete ive done all i can and unless i spend 10k on a engine foci rs theres nothing more i can do

use ur imagination think what my lupos going to look like in 12 months

QUOTE(simhopper)
use ur imagination think what my lupos going to look like in 12 months

Believe me, I am! :?

Just kidding! Looks good, even though it's not my style. If you shove a 1.8T in there I might change my mind though :wink:

The teams divided on wether modding is a good/bad thing with a Loop.

I for one would love to see one more modded GTi.

I still think (if you have got the cash to spend) 1.8T is the way to go, no one in the club has done it yet, and it'd be nice to have one at SantaPod to go up aganst Twisty n Blackrat.

I'm just starting to mod the engine. So far I have had the head/exhaust manifold p+p, BMC and `de-cat`. I plan to get a new inlet manifold(sorg motorsport) in the next few weeks and replace the camshafts/pulleys(dr. schrick) towards the end of the summer. The cams as standard are very mild on this car, the vvt range on the inlet is an opening of `205-246` and the exhaust camshaft has cams of 215 degrees. The cams I spoke to schrick about have an inlet opening of 256 and exhaust of 244 with a lift of 9.15 and 9.00 respectively. I think this is the most you can go with cams on this engine without needing unprated v/v springs and without sucking too much power away from the lower rev range. I suspect this would give me just over 150bhp.I also have a second ecu for the car that fell off the back of a lorry and will eventually send this away to get chipped though I've never been to keen on the idea of monkeying with a cars electronics I prefer to do it the old fashion way. I may also skim the cylinder head as I've seen replacement ones for about 200 bucks so it wouldn't be to expensive if I ****ed it! Don't want to spend the kind of money that TB's and turboing cost on the car but if I could get an LSD for about 500 bucks then I'd probably go for that!

QUOTE(simhopper)
when i spoke to aat yesterday he said he could get 150 bhp without throttle bodies who on this forum has done engine mods so i could speak to them thanks

i don't wanna sound like an asshole.. but.. you might wanna talk to people who have used AAT before..

i have no doubt "erik" could get you 150bhp or more.. just don't expect it anytime before the next millenium.

i'd shop around first find someone who knows what the words customer service means. :!:

www.advancedautosport.co.uk

They bring there stuff in from Germany but they only order it from there once you order it with them thats why it takes so long, best of gear though but $$$$$$$$$$$$$$. I've had a front and rear strut brace off them and I got them within a week of when they said they arrive but I know a few other people on here are or have been waiting 4 ages on some stuff! Going to get cams from them soon as well!

Best to phone rather than email as they don't tend to reply to them as they are so busy!

• 3 months later...

VW Lupo GTI:

Level 1 on 130h.p., suitable for Lupo GTI 1.6 ltr. vehicles, amounts to EUR 798.- + VAT.

Level 2 on 133h.p. amounts to EUR 998 inclusive assembly incl. VAT.

modification of electronics

optimizing of the electronic code field ignition system

modification of ignition and injection system

working on the induction pipe system and

optimizing ventilation circuit

engine adaptation

Level 3 on 140h.p. amounts to EUR 2.398 inclusive assembly incl. VAT.

modification of electronics

optimizing of the electronic code field ignition system

installation of two B & B special camshafts

working on the induction pipe system and

optimizing ventilation circuit

modification of ignition and injection system

engine adaptation

Both `re-equipments` - level 1 and 2 can be done on one day - level 3 can be done within two days!

The `turbo-system` for Lupo GTI is quite new in 2 versions

STAGE 1. 118KW/160h.p. - EUR 4.998 incl. VAT + assembly

KKK/GARRETT - turbocharger (boost pressure about 0.5 bar)

B&B exhaust fumes bend

B&B special air charge radiator incl. fittings

B&B modification of control device with adaptation of code fields

B&B special exhaust fumes `Y-pipe`

engine adaptation

about 118 kW / 160 h.p. at 6.100 r.p.m.

engine torque about 235 nm at 3.200 r.p.m.

STAGE 2. 136KW/185h.p. - EUR 6.498 incl. VAT + assembly

KKK/GARRETT - optimized turbocharger

(boost pressure about 0.8 bar)

B&B exhaust fumes bend

B&B special parts for adaptation of compression

B&B special air charge radiator incl. fittings

B&B modification of control device with adaptation of code fields

B&B special exhaust fumes `Y-pipe`

engine adaptation

about 136 kW / 185 h.p. at 6.100 r.p.m.

engine torque about 260 nm at 3.100 r.p.m.