Required info please

Drew

Hi im currently driving a yaris t sport which is a great car, but im after something a bit faster. I have been looking round this site today and gathered a little info on a pos future buy for me.

Im just wanting to know if anyone can help me in the power gain department.

How much are sports and how much are gti roughly?

Also what power mods can be done to these?

Ive seen a sport with supercharger on it think that was around the 180bhp mark.

Ive also heard that you can drop the 150 golf engine in or 1.8turbo engine in the gti also

Is there anything else you can do? i think i saw throttle bodys aswell

How much will these cost and what are the expected power gains on these mods?

Im thinking maybe sport and supercharger conversion but im not sure

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Oh and any tuning sites would be great to, i'll keep looking around to see what i can find, thanks again

BTW there some mean looking lupos on here!

wow theres a lot of questions you are asking there!

as for how much are sports and Gti's, well look in autotrader, depends on your budget, how old you waat the car to be and with how many miles.

Theres a guy on here with a supercharged sport but i dont know much about it really, think he did most of the work himslelf, not sure of the cost.

Throttle bodies have been done and a guy on here has just sold his, think it was running 167BHP but dont quote me on that, again not sure of the cost.

If you were thinking of a Gti with a golf engine in i think there are places which will do a drive in and drive out conversion, a good one for around £8k, again this has been done and the car is on here.

If you require more info on these i suggest you should use the search function.

If its big power you are after and in a loop i think your going to need a big wallet, from memory a 1.5 yaris tsport isnt much slower than a Gti so your going to need some money to throw at whatever loop you buy to get it fast. I hate to do this as i do love my loops but have you considered any other vag cars, the new polo Gti is tuneable quite easily i believe

Thanks for the reply, yeah ive looked at other vdubs but i like the shape of lupo and how you can transform its look with some nice coilovers and rims.

The t sport is around the 109bhp mark i think, but i have an induction kit and jap box on it, its currently booked in for its coilovers to be fitted on the 9th of next month, but once thats done, thats it, gonna leave it as it is. For what i could sell it for i could get a sport and have a bit left over for a supercharger, thats what i'm thinking, but that wont be for a few months yet just trying to gather some info on the matter.

I'll carry on searching and see what i can find, thanks

Oh and is there any common faults with the lupo?