Rear brakes?

How the hell do u change them? They arnt like the fronts. Do you have to take off the 2 allen bolts (8mm) that look like they hold caliper onto carrier? hard to see round the back but I think they waht needs to come off. Mine are stuck solid, so do I have to undo them to get to pads or is there anotherway around this?

How the hell do u change them? They arnt like the fronts. Do you have to take off the 2 allen bolts (8mm) that look like they hold caliper onto carrier? hard to see round the back but I think they waht needs to come off. Mine are stuck solid, so do I have to undo them to get to pads or is there anotherway around this?

yep you'll have to take them off. i think they should be 7mm actually, thats what they were when i did mine.

Try get a allen key socket which attatches to a rachet. it'll be far easier. you'll never get them off with a normal allen key.

Remove handbrake cable that is attached to the caliper and then the caliper.

Once done use a caliper rewind tool to put the piston back into the caliper as it is not a simple compress job.

Remove carrier for disc changing or just change the pads.

Refit everything and job done......the rewind tool is very helpful

Edited by mike_m

It is possible to do it without the rewind tool, but its alot harder. You have to appy alot of pressure and twist the caliper at the same time. Its a right ****** if one wont go back. Its quite easy other than that.

The sport does not have allen keys, its bolts to remove the caliper like the front.

Where can I get the rewind tool? you dont have to remove carrier if you take handbrake off luckerly. ust need this tool now, halfords dont have it