Tyres and service

dickstar

While im posting couple of questions:

1) need two new front tyres, or will farily soon. Running standard Dunlop SP2000 (205/45/15) How much will the buggers cost me and where can I get them from cheap (I live in Grimsby! or cold I mail order). Best price I have locally (in town) is £86 each, is that good or not so good??

2)Need service next month, little baby done 16K. Whats the cost of servicing, stealers prices vary and I dont trust a work to tossers say! Im gonna take my own oil and brake fluid in, shold cut the cost a bit??

Cheers in advance

Tom

I recently changed from the 205 dunlops to 195 Toyo poxys which were half the price for twice the grip, car dosen't aquaplane everytime it is within half a mile of a drop of moisture. not bad in the dry too!

www.mytyres.co.uk do the dunlops for 73 and toyos for 43 and will send them to your house or local garage with no postage costs. only takes `2-3` days delivery as well!

Fuke me that is a bargain, now im I going mad? I just typed 195/45/15 in to mytyres and it came up at £45 each for dunlop SP2040, that seems to be a bit of steal to me, is that right and are tehse good tyres?

Also if I put 195 on front and I ok with 205 on rear as rear have still got 6mm tread!

Cheers Tom

I'd say Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 for overall wet and dry performance. You will get some slightly `better-performing` dry tyres (the best probably being something like the Dunlop D01J if it comes in the right size) but you'll probably write it off in the wet with those!

QUOTE(snoopstah)
I'd say Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 for overall wet and dry performance.  You will get some slightly `better-performing` dry tyres (the best probably being something like the Dunlop D01J if it comes in the right size) but you'll probably write it off in the wet with those!

Just read this again this morning and realise it could be misinterpreted - didn't mean that you inparticular would write it off in the wet with the D01J's, but that anyone would. :wink:

They would look `sweet-as` though!

d01j.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

QUOTE(gargoil)
I recently changed from the 205 dunlops to 195 Toyo poxys which were half the price for twice the grip, car dosen't aquaplane everytime it is within half a mile of a drop of moisture. not bad in the dry too!

www.mytyres.co.uk do the dunlops for 73 and toyos for 43 and will send them to your house or local garage with no postage costs. only takes `2-3` days delivery as well!

Any reason why you couldn't put on 215/45/15 tyres? I don't fancy losing the rim protection of the 205's.

QUOTE(M1 Lupo)
QUOTE(gargoil)

Any reason why you couldn't put on 215/45/15 tyres? I don't fancy losing the rim protection of the 205's.

Rim protection from the dunlops? The 195s I've got on are Toyo proxy rim protection tyres and they protect the rims considerably better than the standard dunlops due to there shape, I'll try and get a pic of them to show what I mean once I can get my camera hooked up to the computer!

Please do post a pic, I liked the tyres when I saw them on Matts Lotus.

Can anyone say yes / no as to if you can fit a 215 / 45 / 15 tyre on a Bathurst rim?

I now know what my next rubber will be.

The front tyres are looking tired but I think will last till the 7000 - 8000 mile mark. I just drive it how a GTi is supposed to be driven....