temperature - blue light on. why?

izabete

hi!

i am from Latvia, and i have a tiny problem with my lupo TDI 3l, diesel. it showes blue lamp whenever i drive. still - even i add water; thought it was too low, than - to high. but still - blue control lamp is on.

what might the problem be? and how may i get it back to normal?

elizabete

that is the 6th control light on the board of the tachometer. under the termometer within waves.

jet it is a night time in Riga and i do not want to go out too take a picture.

take a picture of the light and I'll tell you all I know :)

On some VAG models the blue water temperature light comes on until the engine is up to normal operating temperature. not sure if your car will have this but it depends on the specification for your country as some countries by law need this function for the emissions systems.

• 2 weeks later...
On some VAG models the blue water temperature light comes on until the engine is up to normal operating temperature. not sure if your car will have this but it depends on the specification for your country as some countries by law need this function for the emissions systems.

The 3L do not have a temperature gauge for the cooling water. If the engine is under 20 degrees celsius the blue temp mark will light up.

I think your temperature sensor may be broken.