LOUDEST.COM

Hey just wondering if anyone has had any experience with the Loudest.com car audio stuff ?

It claims to be really good but not sure havnt really heard much about them.

these are what im thinking of getting:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...;category=14942

Edited by CAMonefour

• 2 weeks later...

They actually aren't THAT bad. Everybody on here hates them but I have a '1500W' amplifier that is powering two Pioneer TS-W306C subwoofers, and it has been doing so without any qualms for over 6 months now. From what I've heard the '3000W' amplifier is just two of them put together so I'd personally steer clear of that.

nfbr is gonna jump in now and say 1500W is a load of crap and that it's only 50W or something and that his amplifier is better. Well, nfbr, your amplifier probably is better, I'm not trying to say that 'loudest.com' stuff is state-of-the-art, because I'm not stupid. But all I can say is that, from past experience, its ok for budget audio and would happily get you by until you can a ) afford a better amplifier or b ) you decide to upgrade your system.

If you are going to run just one sub, then the 1500W amplifier, like the one I've got, will do the trick VERY well.

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

From what I've heard the '3000W' amplifier is just two of them put together so I'd personally steer clear of that.

Why? If the 1500w is perfectly good then why not strap two together?

If I didnt have much money to spend (which I never do) id just buy second hand. A lot of my audio equipment in the home and car is second hand and runs fine becasue it is well made. Sounds a hell of alot better as well!

Because it would be better to just buy two of the 1500W ones IMO.

NOCK

:lol: You make me laugh at times.

Do a search, find the countless stories of over heating amps, the real power figures produced by 'Loud'est.com

Noise.com may be more precice.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?act...=LOUDEST%5C.COM

:lol: You make me laugh at times.

Good good at least I make somebody happy.

At the end of the day, I own one, it works, and I'm happy. You don't, so whether or not you know anything about car audio or not doesn't really matter. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh as I know your not a numb skull, but I'm sick of people (not normally you to be fair) on this forum picking at peoples opinions. I did say above that Loudest.com equipment isn't THE best ever, but that it's....Zzzzzzz, yeah you get the idea.

I thought that you, Tigz, of all people would understand that people's beliefs are often misconstrued as I seem to recall a thread by you saying that your, offen dubbed "shitroen" has been more reliable than your "superior" VW, am I correct?

While I'm on, Ford rock, so do Vauxhall and big up to anything French, my family, God, and anyone else who's ever been there for me.

:lol:

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

Right with no dissrespect i would't go near loudest products my self.

If you want a good amp PM me with how much you want to spend and what it will be running.

Al get you a nice bit of kit for a good price.

If you want a good amp PM me with how much you want to spend and what it will be running.

Al get you a nice bit of kit for a good price.

No disrespect to you either but can you please stop advertising in threads as it's really annoying. AND your prices aren't that brilliant either from what I can tell. I'm pretty sure advertising is a breach of the T&C's but even if it isn't it's still god annoying.

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

allllllrrrrrrrigggghhhtttty then,

sorry was trying to offer a bit of help to some body else, but seeing as though you have bought an absolutely PONY amp, but dont worry it really does 1500watts, my ass!!!! just like my mates 1 litre corsa thats 10000000 bhp.

can you point out where the advertisement that caused you so much annoyance was? i was offering advice to somebody else so climb down off your high horse, get a grip and go and cook an egg on your 50 WATT toaster!!

thankyou and goodnight,

Wow this newbie really is pathetic.

If you knew anything about electronics you would know why my 1500W amp appears less powerful than some other 1500W amps. Conservation of energy? Know what I'm on about? No, I didn't think so.

Is it painful, you know, having **** for brains?

If you knew anything about electronics you would know why my 1500W amp appears less powerful than some other 1500W amps. Conservation of energy? Know what I'm on about? No, I didn't think so.

I don't know what your on about either, but my brain certainly isn't ****, care to explain? :confused:

conservation of energy, please tell me your a full time comic coz your wasting yourself if not,

look at the basics you got sold a story about you amp and you bought it big time, the only reason your pioneer subs run off it at all is down to the efficiancy of the subs not the power of the amp, there entry level subs with a recommended power handling of 250rms max, so of course your amp will run them, but you live in birmingham and im in newcastle and all i can smell is burning amplifiers and badly cooked eggs!!!

**** for brains, i didnt buy the amp mate

love me xxx

conservation of energy, please tell me your a full time comic coz your wasting yourself if not,

look at the basics you got sold a story about you amp and you bought it big time, the only reason your pioneer subs run off it at all is down to the efficiancy of the subs not the power of the amp, there entry level subs with a recommended power handling of 250rms max, so of course your amp will run them, but you live in birmingham and im in newcastle and all i can smell is burning amplifiers and badly cooked eggs!!!

**** for brains, i didnt buy the amp mate

love me xxx

400W RMS actually. And you don't know half as much as you think you do. Yeah I bought a story, should have bought from you because you don't do stories at all now do you? :coffee:

I don't know what your on about either, but my brain certainly isn't ****, care to explain? :confused:

And Jon thanks for not being so impolite, its nice to see that not everyone is as in your face. What I mean is conservation of energy states that what goes in will come out. Therefore, it does consume 1500W (which for you jay_s means 1500 Joules of energy every second) but due to its class A/B efficiency, about 70-80% of this energy is dissipated as heat and other unwanted forms (not powering the subs).

If you buy a class D amplifier then this is really the only time where amplifier efficiency is significantly better than that. But hey ask the salesman 'cus he knows EVERYTHING, I know how much us lot LOVE salesman on here.

NOCK

Edited by NOCK

NOCK.

Although this started out to be a funny thread, I dont apreiate anyone being agressive and thats how you are coming accross.

If you click on his profile and check 'Users Posts' in no posts has he advertised his company (other than his cheeky Sig which was removed ;) )

Either way, your happy with your amp and thats great.

But how many amps have you compaired this amp with?

I'm not trying to disrespecting anyone who owns this amp, I just feel that for the money, there is better quality amps for the money.

NOCK.

Although this started out to be a funny thread, I dont apreiate anyone being agressive and thats how you are coming accross.

If you click on his profile and check 'Users Posts' in no posts has he advertised his company (other than his cheeky Sig which was removed ;) )

Either way, your happy with your amp and thats great.

But how many amps have you compaired this amp with?

I'm not trying to disrespecting anyone who owns this amp, I just feel that for the money, there is better quality amps for the money.

Sorry if I come across aggressive I don't mean to, if it was in real life you'd find it humorous when I got riled but on here I suppose it can look aggressive so I apologise for that.

He doesn't start threads advertising as such but I have read him offering people amplifiers to go in their install and the like, maybe he's just being helpful, but maybe he gets commission and is just using this forum to earn himself a few quid.

And ok well if you can find another 1500W two channel amp with adjustable bass/treble gain, a sub mode, and gold plated ports for £69.50 then you let me know and I'll give it a whirl. I looked hard I really did, maybe I looked in the wrong places, maybe I should have tried jay_s first, however he wasn't a member at the time.

NOCK

You wont find a new amp of good quality at that price.

But you will find bargin used items.

I had a pair old school V12 Alpine amps (One four channel and a sub amp) which I bought used.

The amps had had two owners before me, and the lad who bought the amps off me a few years ago still uses them every day.

I used and abused them like you wouldnt believe and they still work good and strong.

Both the amps cost me £100, and I sold them for £100 over a year later.

I really can not see a LOUDFORAWHILE amp lasting over 10 years, and still holding its value when you come to upgrade.

With good quality used amps you can pretty much have free audio while your developing the system you wish to end up with.

With budget gear its pretty much worthless when your ready to upgrade.

Obviously just my views. :)

And ok well if you can find another 1500W two channel amp with adjustable bass/treble gain, a sub mode, and gold plated ports for £69.50 then you let me know and I'll give it a whirl. I looked hard I really did, maybe I looked in the wrong places, maybe I should have tried jay_s first, however he wasn't a member at the time.

NOCK

Adjustable bass/treble on amps is not a special feature, and probably just makes the sound quality worse, gold plated ports are on most amps also. It isnt actually 1500w! Probably no where near that.

You wont find a new amp of good quality at that price.

But you will find bargin used items.

I had a pair old school V12 Alpine amps (One four channel and a sub amp) which I bought used.

The amps had had two owners before me, and the lad who bought the amps off me a few years ago still uses them every day.

I used and abused them like you wouldnt believe and they still work good and strong.

Both the amps cost me £100, and I sold them for £100 over a year later.

I really can not see a LOUDFORAWHILE amp lasting over 10 years, and still holding its value when you come to upgrade.

With good quality used amps you can pretty much have free audio while your developing the system you wish to end up with.

With budget gear its pretty much worthless when your ready to upgrade.

Obviously just my views. :)

Yeah they are fair comments, but I really aren't all that bothered about my amp lasting for any length of time to be honest, because in 10 years time I'm sure I will be in a completely different situation financially and will most probably have a different car also.

And, this sounds snobby perhaps, but I didn't even think to buy second hand, I don't know why I just didn't. It might have been due to the fact that as I hadn't ever gone into the realms of car audio before I wanted a warranty. I'm glad I had one too when I connected positive to ground and vice versa because it blew the amp. Customer service from 'theloudest' was impeccable to be fair to them, they sent me a brand new one out as soon as they received my broken one.

NOCK

I would just like to say that i don't work on commision and i was just tryin to give some helpfull advice to the person who originally enquired about amps,

Thanks tigz and jon_273 for the support.

Probably is actually, read the explanation above for why it is! :coffee:

NOCK

That explanation is stupid mate.. no offence, but that is like saying a 1lt lupo is 150bhp because it is 30% efficient. How much continous power based on rms voltage and current values is the only true way of saying the actual power you are getting.

Customer service from 'theloudest' was impeccable to be fair to them, they sent me a brand new one out as soon as they received my broken one.

Because they get them sent back the whole time they are good at it :P

and streffo your a bit of a legend to,

was gonna go in to all that but felt like i was gonna be banging my head of a wall to be honest.

no matter what anyone says there is always going to be some form of defense from nock about his purchase,

all be it a bad one,

anyway thanks guys who ive thanked for actually knowing something about proper car audio,

And Jon thanks for not being so impolite, its nice to see that not everyone is as in your face. What I mean is conservation of energy states that what goes in will come out. Therefore, it does consume 1500W (which for you jay_s means 1500 Joules of energy every second) but due to its class A/B efficiency, about 70-80% of this energy is dissipated as heat and other unwanted forms (not powering the subs).

Ahh thats ok, theres need for all the impoliteness IMO. I don't see how it consumes 1500W though. I have just had a quick look on their ebay page and that amp has a 15amp fuse on it, so that means maximum power it could be consuming at 12v is 180W, otherwise it would blow it's own input fuse. Interestingly, their site doesn't state the RMS wattage of the amp, which is the continuous power that the amp will actually give out for more than a few seconds!

Certainly can't argue with their good customer service though, from your experiences anyway :coffee:.