...::: WEEKEND :::...

Gavin Ibert (Gibby)

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> sorry but laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

D I T T O !

Still jealous as I have to wait until Christmas time-ish for my new puppy! Same as last time a Flat Coated retriever.

Got a cool name in mind, that no one else has and would have been very fitting for my last FCR, let's hope she's the same...

...or maybe not, as she was a bit of a dafty and love to roll in the smelly stuff!

Every breed of dog has its intelligent dogs, and not so intelligent dogs. We've gone for a labrador due to their temprament, and the people who I've known that have had them have generally been good. We're novice dog owers so tis probably a good starting point.

I'll get some piccies up tomorrow if I can.

personal i wouldn't have said that a labrador was a 'beginner' type dog but i'm sure you will get a lot of enjoyment from him/her smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

couple of tips smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> 1) socialize as much as you can, your local vets should run puppy parties 2) dog training as chocolate labs are renowned for being boisterous and disobedient 3) get him/her onto a good quality large breed diet as they are predisposed to hip dysplasia and arthritis 4) don't feed table scraps! otherwise you will have one hugely overly obese lab 5) get a decent insurance and read the small print! petplan are about the only ones who will cover for life, which imo, is vital with a lab!

@silver - aw flat coated retrievers are gorgeous! wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" />