Wheel help again...

Hybrid

Right, I’ve been offered some sweet wheels but they are the above sizes, are they going stick out loads? Would I get full lock on 8.5j?

195/45 on the 8.5j and 205/40 on the 9's

I have searched but with no luck as it’s usually 15" on a gti people tend to ask about wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Thanks guys,

Anf.

14x8 and 14x9 et 18 went on my lupo with out no problem..

Cool thanks man, how low are you sitting? Is it a sport? Did the 9's stick out at all? Any pictures please mate?

Cheers again,

Anf.

I think 8.5 et 15 up frount you may have problem's with, but im sure by having a phat strech and your arch's rolled would sort that.

There was a geezer on here called big dave, he had a phat red lupo sport decked on shmidt's, he was running 8J up frount and 8.5J rear, irrc they where et18 allround....(195/45/14 allround)

This is how his frounts sat on the arch's

02062006177.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

02062006178.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

So 8.5 et 15 would stick out a fair bit more than those, however the geezer with that red sport said he had no arch problems what so ever, and he had no arch mod's.

As for 9"s on the rear, theres a few people on here running that now and im sure as long as you have arch work carryed out youl be fine...

This is a loop of edition 38 which is now running 9"s on the rear with a (195/45/14, big boy strech) allthough im not sure what offset'....i'll find out though.

This is a pic of his rears with a phat 3" lip...

IMG_0570.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

What are the rim's youve got in mind.... those sizes/offsets would look PHAT on a lupo...

This is the phatest stance ive ever seen on a lupo, not sure on what width or et they are, but my god does it look phat.

lupolow7.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Hope this is of some help dave,

Edited by ricoshay

FU*K they look insane!!!

It might be worth saving up the cash (which may take a while wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> ) then go up to the guy selling them to see if they fit.

How much would it cost to get the arches rolled just enough to cover? Would it still be illegal if I had some tyre wall and rim lip sticking out but had all tyre tread under the arch?

Thanks for your help again Dave, looks like I may have some phat rims in the next few months.

Also, Pete, good shout for 1st dibs! I will bare you in mind, but I’m 99.9% certain I will keep these, as I never got standard sport wheels with the car so these will go with the car (when I sell it) (also, did I ever pm you back with what that guy said he could do, if you get me?)

Any more info on these will be greatly appreciated please, because this will be a lot of cash down the drain if they don’t fit sweating.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":sweating:" border="0" alt="sweating.gif" />

Cheers guys,

Anf.

P.s I’m going to keep the wheels on the down low for now but i will let you know once I’ve got them (hopefully in time for e38 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />)

IV GOT A SET OF THEM VW RIMS WITH BIG TYRES ON THEY NEED A REFERB.

maybe a pm to Pete is they way forward?

how about i give you my sport rims + cash your way! they all have good tyres on them too

lol no thanks mate, I love these wheels as it is, even if i did go and spend 1k+ on rims I would keep these for day to day use.

I admire you enthusiasm though mate,

Cheers anyway,

Anf.

Anymore info guys? I’m really keen on getting these after my re-spray so would love to know if they fit or not.

Thanks,

Anf.

Anymore info guys? I’m really keen on getting these after my re-spray so would love to know if they fit or not.

Thanks,

Anf.

Like i said, they will fit...

But it's if they fit well that matter's, with arch work and a PHAT strech youd be able to pull it off. . .

Just get them trial fit 1st for peice of mind...

This lupo has:

8x14 et18 frount (195/45).. so a little more strech to accomodate for the lower offset,

9x14 et18 rears (195/45)

IMG_0571.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

IMG_0570.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

mine are 8" all around, they stick out quite far, u just have to get a good offset really

workpic3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

workpic1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />