Lupo GTi `0-60mph` in 7.5 secs!

gargoil

Bought one of those gtech performance pro meters recently and was out last night playing with it. After about 10 goes of doing 0 to 60 in around 8.00 seconds I started getting it in the high 7 secs and recorded twice a 0 to 60 of 7.5 seconds and several of 7.6! Was well chuffed may go out in the middle of the night tonight and see if I can do a quarter mile run!

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Nice one Gargoil did you doo ya quarter last night then?

I've got Dunlop8000s on at the moment and was just gonna replace the front with Dunlop 2000s. Replaced all four in January but the front ones need done already done about 8000 miles since then.

Had an attempt at 1/4 mile this afternoon on a big straight bit of road that is slightly downhill then uphill. Only had one go as there was a lot of traffic about and had to wait for a suitable gap! `0-60mph` 7.42, 1/4mile 15.73, terminal velocity 92.6mph. Happy with that! Just myself and a whisker of petrol in the car!

yeahi know the ones... it timed my mates standard Evo 8 on several different occasions as 3.8 secs... Its quick but definately not that quick.

Id say save your money and get to a drag strip that gives you more accurate timing gear

• 2 weeks later...

Incidentally, remember when PVW tested the Gti against the cooper and timed it `0-60` in 7.5 seconds with their GPS timing gear. Top dollar £5000 stuff so you're performance meter may not be far off on this occassion.

Was a couple of years back now.

Chris