Posting a bike

Steffro

Any one ever posted a bike? How do you go about doing it, can you just stick the address on it and send it as it is? Or do I need to package it up in someway?

Should I go to the local bike shop and ask for some old packaging?

Also, any one know the best courier for this?

Cheers

Remove the pedals, and handle bars.

Go to your local Halfrauds and ask them if they have an old cardbourd package from the bikes they get delivered.

This goes over the frame and wheels and protects the lot.

The delivery company I used to work for charged £35 for a bike.

• 2 weeks later...

they get sent through parcelforce all the time if you arange for it to be collected the delivery driver is too lazy to measure it because they get job + nock so they'll accept it just lie abit about the size i don't have this problem i can send 15foot canoes through parcelforce i just call the managment at the depot and arrange it with them then just put it on a lorry and send it down lol

I tried parcel force and they told me it was too big, not sure if I want to take the risk of getting a driver out to pick it up - will be alot cheaper though if I get away with it.

Ive found one at £35, im not paying the costs so might as well use that.

My brother sends them regurarily (he gets bored easily).

Hes just recieved one today which was parcelforced and cost £16.80, although the bikes he rides are stupidly small frames, and this one was only a 20" wheel.

He just sends it from the post office, normal delivery, and says its no more than £20 usually

Did u put it in a box? Ive got to send a motorbike rear wheel and trying to find a box big enough or will i get away with just bubble wraping it all ?