LOWERING!

gordie

Hi!

New here, first post....... biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I've bought a 2001 Lupo Sport for my girlfriend for Christmas. It's been lowered all round using sport springs, the only thing is there seems to be some negative camber on the FRONT wheels??! Is this normal? I own a '63 Karmann Convertible Beetle and have negative camber on the rear, but the FRONT??!

Any help appreciated......

Cheers!

gordie

Jack the car up and take off the wheels, undo the bolts on the the susspention arm then pull the top of the brake disc towards you before tightening the bolts back up.

I didnt tighten mine back up enought when I fitted my shocks so the same thing happened to me.

Hope that helps.

Oh ya, welcome to Club Lupo!

Got any pics of the car?

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Cheers guys!!! At least I know it ain't serious before I hand the keys over to my lass (actually, not sure if I want to now - the Lupo ROCKS!! :cool: )

Here's a few pics. The previous owner didn't care much for it so I've spent all day gettin it somewhere near clean....

loop.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I was told to run about 1 degree negative camber on the fronts of the GTi to aid turn in and provide a tad more front grip (not the GTi needed any more...)

You'll find that, unless you do huge amounts of motorway miles that you'll get more even tyre wear too...my Lupo before the suspension used to scrub away the outer edges very quickly and then lose alot of grip

And like your Beetle, my Elise runs negative camber on the rear - obivous reasons are to increase rear grip in cornering to avoid oversteer/provide balance.

Enjoy! All cars look better in Black biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

QUOTE(MattyB)
Enjoy! All cars look better in Black biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

word

But that's not what you used to say when you had a silver Lupo wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Oh yes, I should have added an admendment to say everycar *except* the Lupo, which looked `best-est` in Silver, obviously biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 4 months later...