Hello and Help!

Jowe

hi guys my names Jowe, im new here!!!

im a regular user on club polo due to owning a polo a while back but im currently driving a saxo VTS which is on kind of permanent loan to me but want to buy my own car.

i have about 2k for a car and a little bit more for mods, ive seen mainly 1.0's 1.4 sports and 1.7 diesels within my price bracket

what would you say is best, i want it to be fun, so im swaying more towards the 1.4 but i have no idea about the diesels performance

any ideas?

Thanks

Edited by Jowe

The 1.7 diesel isnt much difference in performance to the 1.0 petrol, but has more torque.

Be careful of 1.4 S models advertised as sports, sports have the centre exhaust.

Id go for the 1.4 in your situation.

Either the 16v 75 BHP or the 16v 100 BHP Sport.

You are more likely to find a good 1.4 S 75bhp than a sport within your budget though.

Edited by cardaft

Hi mate,

I just got a 1.4s in black, it looks awesome and the pace is suprising, just had a bloke in a 2.0 clio stop next to me at the lights after a little blast and he was gob-smacked that it was a 1.4! Only ins. group 3 and with a small outlay you can get to sport or above power figures (exhaust, intake, re-map). Go for it mate (but get black or silver, other colous look naff IMO!)

Dan